Snackshop 4000 Issues

GDS35

I have a Snackshop 4000 that has been giving me problems and I am not quite sure what to do.

Started off when the machine wouldn't accept either bills or change, flip it off and on and it would go right back to working functionally for a while. 

Then it started to have issues with either one or the other, wouldn't accept bills but would take change of vis-versa.  And when I say wouldn't accept bills, it wouldn't even draw the bill in to attempt to validate, it was like the bill reader was unplugged. Again, flip it on and off and the machine would begin to work again.

Now the machine is accepting quarters, crediting the customer for them, but then returning the quarter.  So you could buy everything in the machine if you had a single quarter.

I've changed the bill reader, I've changed the coin mech, I am not sure what to try next.  

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated!

If it's the original factory board you are dealing with 30+ year old electronics. The 4000 was very sensitive to bad/missing grounds as well as electrical noise. Check your power cord for damage, make sure it's grounded and that the ground is working at the wall outlet. Make sure lighting is not flickering, remove bulb, unplug ballast. The problem could also be whatever aftermarket kit is driving your bill acceptor.

Coins going to the coin return AND giving credit is a bad coin mech.  The validator is a retrofit to this machine and would require using some kind of interface kit that could be your intermittent issue. Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need parts for it.

Archived