DN 2145 cooling issues

dougncin

I have a DN 2145 that I cannot get to cool lower than 50 degrees. Things I have done so far.

Cleaned evaporator (not freezing up)

Cleaned condensser 

All 3 fans running

checked door seal

compressor always runs never stops

checked pressures on high 225psi and low 40 psi on cooling system. Looks like I am only get a 2 to 3 degree differance before evaporator and the vent blowing into the cabinet. 

Haven't checked thermostat yet but I figured to would be freezing product or compressor would cycle off if set to high temp

Im out of ideas. Anyone in Mansfield Texas area wants to work on it (paid of course)?

Your low side pressure is way too high.  Proper pressure with a sealed cabinet and all fans running, room to breath behind the machine and proper freon charge is 18-20 lbs on the low side.  You are either overcharged or your compressor valves have failed and it needs a new compressor.  You can bleed gas off to get to the target but I'll bet it won't help IF it's been cooling up to this time.  If you need a new cooling unit for it you can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

Think I have narrowed it down to the thermostat. I put the thermostat end in ice and nothing happened for 5 minutes then turned the stat all the way counter clockwise until compressor turned off. I waited couple minutes so I didn't short cycle the compressor and turned dial to factory setting and compressor didn't come back on until shortly after pulling end out of the ice.

compressor won't turn off stat end in ice

Compressor won't turn back on until stat end pulled out of Ice

Think I wrote wrong or you read wrong.

I put a cup of ice in the machine and stuck the stat probe in the cup to simulate it was cold enough to turn compressor off. The compressor will run continuously until the evaporator freezes up then the cabinet gets warm. When I turned off the thermostat by turning dial all the counter clockwise with the probe in ice cup the compressor wouldn't turn on until I pulled probe out of the ice.

Thermostat will turn on compressor if off

Thermostat won't turn off compressor except only if turning dial to off

2 hours ago, dougncin said:

Think I wrote wrong or you read wrong.

I put a cup of ice in the machine and stuck the stat probe in the cup to simulate it was cold enough to turn compressor off. The compressor will run continuously until the evaporator freezes up then the cabinet gets warm. When I turned off the thermostat by turning dial all the counter clockwise with the probe in ice cup the compressor wouldn't turn on until I pulled probe out of the ice.

Thermostat will turn on compressor if off

Thermostat won't turn off compressor except only if turning dial to off

Lol.  Yeah, there was no mention of a cup of ice, just that the thermostat was "in ice" which would imply that ice was present somewhere on or around the evaporator 99% of the time.  It sounds like you have a bad thermostat, but if the thermostat was the only problem then the machine would run until everything inside was frozen (including the beverages).  Constantly running at 50 degrees would normally imply that the thermostat is working but the system cannot remove heat.  It sounds like you know more than I do... but a bad thermostat should cause the system to either not run when it should run or run so long that everything gets well below freezing... but not 50 degrees.

Archived