Oak Refurbished

VAVending

So, I'm looking closely at Oak and the refurbished machines they sell. I've seen good things about them, but some of those posts are a bit older.

What I'm wondering is, are they worth the $50 investment (including locks), or has their quality slipped? Is their service still good? Should I just sit tight and wait for that used beaver/nw/eagle to come along? I know everyone has a different favorite brand, in just wondering if Oaks are any good. The others are a bit pricey straight from the manufacturer, from what I'm seeing. Any input is welcome.

I've relatively new to vending (again) but I've got a few Oaks & they work great. The trick is getting them on the phone. Took me a bit but when I did I had my machines in a few days. The other thing is stands. If you don't have them it can add quite a bit to shipping costs. And as others have repeatedly said, and I've taken it to heart, can't go wrong with Oak, NW, Beaver, Eagle, A&A. 

Thanks for the input.

It's good to know about the stands. Does anyone know of a place on the east coast (Virginia area) that might sell stands for oaks?

AMD Snacks, what kind of blemishes do you normally get? Anything a sandblaster and new coat of paint can't fix?

Nothing ever that bad, might have a small scratch here or there, or a little dust here or there. I've never had to work on them, they come ready to use. But if you've ever bought a machine new in box, it's not going to be like that. 

3 hours ago, AMD Snacks said:

Nothing ever that bad, might have a small scratch here or there, or a little dust here or there. I've never had to work on them, they come ready to use. But if you've ever bought a machine new in box, it's not going to be like that. 

Good to know, thanks!

Do you source your stands from Oak as well, or do you have anywhere here on the east coast where I might be able to get some?

Oak has stands when they have them. So I've bought some from them. Some from Sams club.com Like this . And a  lot from local people selling junk machines with good stands. I know the key, especially when starting out it so spend as little as possible and make as much as possible. But some things you just have to bite the bullet on. I think stands and quality machines are worth it, because let's be honest, you never have to replace a stand. 

Keep your eyes open though, I see stands all over the place. Even amazon was selling some a few weeks ago for like $40 each. I think they sold out, but they come up from time to time. 

2 hours ago, AMD Snacks said:

Oak has stands when they have them. So I've bought some from them. Some from Sams club.com Like this . And a  lot from local people selling junk machines with good stands. I know the key, especially when starting out it so spend as little as possible and make as much as possible. But some things you just have to bite the bullet on. I think stands and quality machines are worth it, because let's be honest, you never have to replace a stand. 

Keep your eyes open though, I see stands all over the place. Even amazon was selling some a few weeks ago for like $40 each. I think they sold out, but they come up from time to time. 

Very true. Although I'm not a fan of the "You have to spend money to make money." saying, I know it holds true in certain businesses.

Additionally, "Poor men can only afford the best." is something I've found very true. It's awful to buy 3 of something cheap because they keep breaking, when you could just buy 1 of the best and have something on which to bank.

Archived