Bill Acceptor isn't crediting (CRANE MACHINE)

Hello!

I was informed yesterday by one of my locations that my Crane model 158 isn't taking dollar bills. Or rather, it's taking the money, and not crediting the customer. I ran a few bills and cleaned the mechanism, but it seems to be running fine- it's just not signaling the board for some reason. I did power cycle the machine, but that didn't seem to affect it. The coin mech is a coinco, the DBA is a Mars, not sure of the model offhand, though I'll be there again later today to restock. The coin mech is still working fine so the unit is still operational, but I'm rather stumped by this one. I'm hoping I've just missed something obvious.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance on this one!

I had this happen to me too.... there was a wire in the six (or eight) pin that connects the bill acceptor to to board. I almost missed it until I took that little plastic pin connector apart. Sure enough just one of those 6 tiny wires slipped out of the pin slot.

After that it happened again because my wire harness kept yanking at it. I tied and taped all the wires all to the inside of the machine so it would not move again.

Archived