GIII sold out issue

darkinthepark

I have a Royal GIII that only displays if an item is sold out if you put money in the machine and try to vend that selection.  In my other GIII machines, if a product is sold out, the machine will display "sold out" if you press that selection with or WITHOUT a credit in the machine.  Is there a setting for this?

Those machines will not show a sold out condition until a selection is made that is either sold out or jammed.  Once that selection is attempted and the result is a "sold out" message then the message will continue to display for that selection whether money is inserted first or not.  For any selection that a "sold out" vend hasn't yet been attempted the machine won't display "sold out" because it doesn't yet know it's sold out.  This is how all drop sensor soda machines work, of which all Royals are.

10 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Those machines will not show a sold out condition until a selection is made that is either sold out or jammed.  Once that selection is attempted and the result is a "sold out" message then the message will continue to display for that selection whether money is inserted first or not.  For any selection that a "sold out" vend hasn't yet been attempted the machine won't display "sold out" because it doesn't yet know it's sold out.  This is how all drop sensor soda machines work, of which all Royals are.

This is how the older GIII machines worked, but the new ones work differently.  I contacted Royal today and they told me that Coke wanted the boards programmed that the selections won't show "sold out" until the customer puts in there money....even if the machine already knows that the selection is sold out.  I guess Coke wants the customer's money even if an item is sold out.  They are hoping that the costumer will just pick another product once they take the time to put in their money.

On 22/09/2017 at 12:28 PM, darkinthepark said:

This is how the older GIII machines worked, but the new ones work differently.  I contacted Royal today and they told me that Coke wanted the boards programmed that the selections won't show "sold out" until the customer puts in there money....even if the machine already knows that the selection is sold out.  I guess Coke wants the customer's money even if an item is sold out.  They are hoping that the costumer will just pick another product once they take the time to put in their money.

Pepsi does this on certain machines on my area as well. Was going nuts trying to replace parts only to find this out. Obviously swapping boards changed it

Archived