Pagoda vs Abloy

Finaritwo1

I recently joined the ranks and have acquired a sm starter route with 10 machines. My machines currently all have the generic  standard cylinder style with tubular keys. I’m looking at the Pagodas and Abloy brands hoping they offer a little more security than the current generic ones. I’ve been servicing the machines for 3 months now but there’s been times when my paranoia takes over and I swear that the stock sold doesn’t match the cash in hand in the machine. Assuming the possibilities of how it could’ve happened I’d like to at least improve the quality of the locks. At this stage, just getting started I’ve seen  Medico locks but they must be top of the line T-Handle cylinder style locks, very expensive compared to the other choices. I welcome seasoned veterans opinions and thoughts on the subject of locks....Thanks 

Much thanks to all the members and posters who contribute their time and information here, for people such as myself , trying to learn whatever we can .......

We have been using Abloy for a long time. Have about 700 out right now. We have never had any problems out of them. Have had people try to drill them out before, it ruined the locks but they never got in. They aren't cheap but a whole lot better than generics, and who knows how many people have keys to the same lock you have. With Abloy, they give your lock a specific code and nobody else has that code or key

Thank you for the input. I saw some Abloy locks on EBay but they must be knock offs or a cheaper version of a higher security Abloy lock. The prices are around $10-$12 apiece??  It might be that the seller has them labeled wrong..I’ll have to double check . 

Heres the the link to the EBay sale for comparison:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOF-OF-5-Abloy-Keyway-Mechanism-Lock-for-Coke-Pepsi-Soda-Machine-4-keys-per/182213758219?hash=item2a6cc94d0b:g:-lsAAOSwnDZUFzve

I visited LSI and the Abloy locks from there are definitely different from the EBay sale. I took the plunge and purchased 10 for a piece of mind. Granted I’m small and just beginning but it makes sense to pay once without second thoughts. 

Having just started I’m already interested in adding more locations. I live in Southern Massachusetts, if anyone has any leads I would appreciate the info. 

Thank You...

Archived