Rowe Cold Food/Sandwiches Machine

Finaritwo1

Included in my new route is a Rowe 548 Cold Food/Sandwiches Machine.  I’m currently stocking the machine with 6” subs sell @ $3.each  , sm round (I call them bulkie rolls)sell @ $2.50 each ,wraps sell at $3.each , and individual wrapped muffins sell @ 1.50 each, along with some white & chocolate milks... I would love to maximize this machines potential but the places to buy these sandwiches are scarce....  This Machine is selling  out every three days or so but my margins are very small.  Can I make my own sandwiches, wraps , etc.. , keeping in mind my route only consists of 10 machines at the moment? I was also considering a small price increase because I’m only making .50c after cog’s on the sandwiches. What do some of you other vendors who have this type of machine stock them with and what’s the average price you’re selling at? I realize it’s  difficult to give general answers to questions like this but every bit of info helps me start this new venture on the right foot...Thank you in advance for any ideas....——

Cold food machines were never meant to make a profit.

Their sole purpose is to sell large accounts, so that you make the money on the sodas and snacks.

The fact that you are making any money at all is great, most vendors loose money on cold food.

As for prices, don't touch them, if you do, you may start loosing sales and getting spoiled items, which will destroy any profits.

Also, do not make your own food, you need licences and a commercial kitchen for that. Also, there is a golpher ton of liability in making food.

Gradually transition to non-perishable items.  Unless your location requires the fresh sandwiches try frozen instead.  Sam's has cheeseburgers and a couple of other sandwiches that are much less of a hassle.  As orsd said, don't expect to make much money from cold food.  But do try to minimize your losses.

Archived