Paint Touch Up

LimitlessVending

Touch ups generally look like golpher. This is because the factory powder coats the machines, and there will never be an exact match. In addition, the color fades in the sun, and is almost impossible to match. If the scratches are minor, leave them be, if they are large, repaint (or cover with a decal).

Rustoelem Safety Red spray paint matches Northwestern machines very well, it's a little brighter than Oaks and Eagles start out. I get mine from Lowes.

I just read Osrd's reply above and agree, if you're going to paint then paint the whole part.

On 11/22/2017 at 1:05 AM, LimitlessVending said:

Any recommendations on how to touch up the paint on the red Oak and Eagle Machines.  I picked some up used and they have some minor scratches that could use a touch up. What works best?

Thanks,

Jon

Note:  my recommendation is only for touch up or refurbs that will be going to areas that are less than high class. It will look clean definitely not perfect for high end areas. 

Get a sanding block from Lowes and scrub the areas with chips, bubbling etc. You can use primer in the form of 99 cent spray paint from Lowes (white or black, personal choice) and I use Red Rustoleum to repaint my parts. I like only using red where possible, I don’t mix colors of parts if I can help it. 

You will probably need two coats at least because of the powder coat surrounding the area. Usually it looks decent unless you are on top of it or the area is right in front of on the top. 

Archived