AP w/ Mars won’t take $5’s, won’t take more than $2 paper.

MagicBox

I’m new here, so please forgive me if this has come up before. Maybe somebody can point me to a thread.

I’ve had an AP snackshop for several years operating with very few (and easy to figure out) issues. I just acquired a second AP (Snackshop LCM2B, had it delivered, and had a problem where:

1) it wouldn’t accept 5’s (although tested prior to purchase, and it accepted 5’s), just reads, then rejects.

2) it won’t accept more than 2 $1 bills. Once you try to add a third, it just won’t even detect it or feed it. Reminds me of a child who refuses to be spoon fed their peas. 

All coin slots are full. 

I changed all of the switch settings on the bill acceptor to match my working machine, turned it off, came back to it a day later, and it worked! 

Until yesterday. I know it had been accepting $5’s, because there were several in the cash box, along with a lot of coin (more than an adequate amount)in the slots. Feed it a $5, spits it back out. Feed it $2, it won’t accept a 3rd $1. 

Machine is turned off for now. Any suggestions? 

Thank you, and I’m glad I found you!

Cari

The Magic Box

Have you tried checking the dates of the bills you're inserting into the machine? If it reject bills newer than 2008 you may need to update the bill acceptor for the new currency.

Make sure to review the bills that it has already accepted, and see what dates they're from.

Make sure all three coin tubes in the coin mech are full.  If you need to add coins then press the service mode two times to force the machine to see the new tube levels.  You should also go into the OPTN Menu by pressing E when in the service mode.  Within that Options Menu you want to turn off Bill Escrow by pressing B until you see NO.  Exit out of the service mode and the machine should now stack every bill entered.

A probable answer to question #2. If nothing in the machine is priced over $2.00, it won't accept a third $1, because it doesn't need it to purchase the highest priced item in the machine.

THANKS, everybody! I’ll give you an update once I’ve had time to look at it.

Chard - bill accepror definitely updated to accept current 5’s. I made sure of that when I first tried out the machine prior to purchase. 

AZVendor -Thanks, I’ll give that a try! When the machine came into my possession, the coin tube plastic piece was loose, and I reattached it. Maybe somethings off now because of it. 

BTVFC - multiple items in machine are in $3-$5 range in machine, but will see if it reset the values on items. I want to say no, because when I was troubleshooting the other night, I believe it did report the correct price on an item, just wouldn’t accept the $. 

AZVendor, I had a feeling you were on to something (and I figured it had to do with coins also). I reset the escrow. (I accidentally set something else too, but am not sure exactly what just yet.... Unrelated) Something I hadn't done before! That didn't work. I feel like it should have. And probably will in the future if I have a similar issue. I thought about the reply about the coin tubes being loose when I got the machine... And that i had tightened said coin tubes with a very mediocre and small phillips  bit. Definitely not tight. Had supplemented it with duct tape.  I'm new to this, yet crafty, so made due with what I had.         I thought about it for awhile. The door is weird on this machine. I have to SLAM it shut (for now, working on the ins and outs with it), and every time I do so, I loosen the coin mechanism again. IT WASN'T SEEING THE COIN AT ALL, PROBABLY,  because the tube insert was not tight enough. Brought a screwdriver tonight, tightened it down, and NOW it can see that it has change, and is working. Takes 5's. Takes more than $2. BECAUSE IT KNOWS IT HAS CHANGE.    You all were very helpful. Sorry about the caps. I'm new-ish to the maintenance. And grateful for the help. Thanks again! --Cari 

AZVendor - other notes: I have items at $6 in the machine, so i didn't set a phantom price, as I already have items over $5. Also, all of my set prices remained at the prices I'd set them at. Nothing changed, should have been able to accept money. 

Archived