Gum & mint dispense vend issue

JAH

I have a Crane 474 with the pop and gum / mint vend options.

My gum vend will not single vend the 5 stick standard gum packs. They either double vend or bind up the pusher and break off the rotator at the motor.

This appears to be caused by an excess gap at the clear plastic cover face plate retainer.

I have been told that the problem is that this unit will only vend the 7 stick gum packages, which sounds logical as that appears to be the gap variation.

Does anyone know of a vendor for 7 stick gum? Has anyone else have or had this problem?

Is there an adjustment on this machine to close the gap? I do not see any nor is there any info in the manual.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
On 3/31/2018 at 6:28 PM, Central Kentucky Vending said:

they all make it.you can get it thour vistar or vso

Assuming I don't want to deal with Vistar for the moment, does anyone know where I can get 7 stick packs of gum (so as to avoid all the maintenance hassles) and / or which mint packs fit into the 7th row?

How much gum do you actually sell? Most of my locations I was lucky if I sold 1 pack a month. I just leave them empty now, if I get complaints those rolls are empty I just buy a few rolls of breathsavers from Walmart and stick 2 in each selection.

I no longer sell the small packs of gum.  I sell "premium" gum that come in a bigger package like orbit.  I put them in the candy spirals.  I might sell 10-20 packs per week but only in locations with 2 candy trays.  It's not a lot but it sells way better than the old style gum & mint options.  I probably get a request for lifesavers or mints maybe once every 2 years.