Lights out..!!- HELP

On my last service I discovered the light bulb out on this machine. I didn't have my glasses with me and locating/reading the model of the machine was out of the question. I was hoping someone would recognize this make & model (excuse the photos, I chopped of the top of the machine) so I could figure out the bulb and starter replacements before hand. The bulb is located vertically on the front right hand side behind a clear plastic shield.(the shield was screwed down with 4-5 screws and of coarse I had no screw driver) It looked like it was between 24"-36" standard fluorescent. I'd love to upgrade it with an inexpensive led but if it's not plug & play I'm going to find a way to mess it up.. Thanks in advance...

IMG_3394 2.jpg

IMG_3763.jpg

Looks pretty close , right down to the water bottle on the floor next to it..lol  I'm so embarrassed, look at how disorganized my machine is compared to yours. I think that photo was from my third week in business last November, and I just filled it frantically during their lunch hour. One of the little things I've learned as a noob, stay away during lunch breaks or be prepared for the assault...Let me see if I can pull a manual online with some bulb specs..Thanks..

It's a DN Baby Bevmax or a model 3800.  Just look for the 5591 model manual and all the parts except for the metal shelves and recovery unit (delivery bin) are the same.  The lamp is simply a bi-pin T40 lamp which is easy to get at any hardware store, or a T8 lamp which is still bi-pin and easy to find as well.  Try to get a cool white bulb.

I should add that if the current bulb is T40, which is likely, that you need to replace it with a like bulb because the lamp ballast is designed for it.  The bulb is behind the light lens and can be difficult to remove due to the tight space.  If you can't grip the bulb and lift it up and out then turn off the machine and use a flat screwdriver to gently lift the bulb up so the pins clear the lower socket then pull it out.

I will pick up a couple of 40W 48" bulbs at The Depot on the way over to service and hopefully I'm able to pull it out without shattering it and covering the interior with broken glass...Thank You AZVendor, I appreciate the help..

Today I was faced with another matter and I'm still in mild shock over it..One of my snack machines without reason went two days(Thurs+Fri) without a single vend.I literally started talking to myself in front of the machine. I searched for expired, none, I looked for jams, none, I double checked USALive for any diagnostic excuse, none...This snack machine is a consistent earner up until last Thursday. No notes left on the glass or someone stopping me as I stared at the machine for 20 minutes scratching my head. It's like someone put up a force field around it and all of a sudden-nothing....

Problem solved....!!! I'm very thankful to the members of this forum for the help and suggestions. If I didn't have the thought in the back of my head about wiggling out the bulb with the screw driver( thanks AZVendor) by lifting it up a bit,  I probably would've crushed it for sure. That was the hardest bulb I've ever replaced, especially in front of an audience offering their two bits.. 

Archived