DN 2145 display issues

I’ve got a DN 2145 that has a intermittent scrambled display. When having problems “@@@@@@“ scrolls across the screen. I noticed when I open the door an wiggle the display harness it clears up but when I close the door it sometimes scrambles again. I suspect the harness or display is bad. A new style display with a new harness is around $300. I just want to be sure before spending that kind of money. Thanks for the help. 

it can also be the board, I had a similar issue where the display was completely off, ordered new display, new keypad, and the issue was not fixed, had to send everything in to get checked out, turns out it was the board, the board can be fixed, D&S does good work, not too much, and about the same as a new display, but hopefully will fix issue.

if your display goes on, youre lucky, check the harness, make sure there are no breaks, as the 2145 uses the old flat harness.

Thanks for the insight.  I noticed the ribbon cable has been folded together with a zip tie around it to shorten it. But the way it is it gets pulled on every time the door is opened. I’m just gonna cut that zip tie and left that cable extend out and try that.

It has to be a connection issue.  If all is well, you just need to disconnect and reconnect it a few times to get any potential varnish off so you can make a better connection.  It could also be that the zip tie is pinching it just enough so that it causes issues when you close the door but i doubt that.  It could also be a cracked solder joint on the board or the display.  At least try (with power off of course) disconnecting and reconnecting it a few times and see if you get any better results

Archived