dixie narco 501e delivery chute problem

duramax

I have several Dixie Narco 501e machines out and running cans in them all with no problems, except for one. The machine vends as it should, but the first can from the double column will drop into the delivery chute and get stuck in the V shape on the opposite end and will not come out of the delivery door. I have leveled the machine and cleaned the delivery chute to make sure no debris or sticky soda happens to be catching the cans. I even went as far as to lightly coat that area with wd40 in an effort to make the can not stick. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it? Thanks

Wd40 isn't meant for that.  It's hard to understand,but it sounds like you might want to try raising the delivery chute a little.  Does it stop BEFORE touching the delivery door or AT the door?  The best way to resolve a sticky chute is with warm water and wash it.  Soap is fine for cleaning purposes but warm water is all you really need, and a rag.  If it still gets stuck,you can apply food grade silicone grease.  Regular WD40 is a degreaser.  Silicone grease is a lubricant.  It doesn't take much though.  A quick spray and alight wipe is all it takes AFTER you have cleaned it and dried it.

Clean your chute immediately or you will have more jams than ever, not to mention that WD40 is not food grade.  Doh!  Use aerosol food grade silicone only if you must because it accelerates the cans.  You can get it at Grainger.  Only soap and water is really needed on the chute.  Open the delivery door from the front with the door closed - it's difficult.  Check the chute alignment from there.  If the door isn't lined up with the chute in the center then your inner door hinge might be bent.  Raise the front of the chute if it's not just above the door opening.

Archived