Candy That Cares

Candy That Cares is just the OLD Charity Vending with a NEW name and NEW webpage (but the webpage is still under Charity Vending).  READ all the previous threads regarding Charity Vending and you'll see it is pretty much a Biz Op Scam.  ANY biz op that advertises that it is quick easy money should put up ALL SORTS OF RED FLAGS.  Just purchase boxes from Cameron or Sheridan and place them yourself.  TRUST ME, they are all about taking YOUR money NOT making YOU money.  Just my two cents!  :)

• 3 months later...

I used them and they did good for me.  Out of 20 locations, there were 3 that were no good.I let them know, and they got me 3 replacements that ended up working out real good.

I prefer the purple boxes they use. they pull in more money better than other boxes I've used before

On 9/1/2019 at 11:41 AM, VendMore said:

I used them and they did good for me.  Out of 20 locations, there were 3 that were no good.I let them know, and they got me 3 replacements that ended up working out real good.

I prefer the purple boxes they use. they pull in more money better than other boxes I've used before

Oh Hi VendMore.  You are one of those rare vendors that rarely posts/contributes to anything unless it's to praise a specific organization.  Must be a total coincidence though, right?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I dabbled in charity vending boxes from Sheridan systems about 5 years ago( no genuine complaints about Sheridan they delivered what they offered )

I got 50 and put out 40 and did okay at first and then it dwindled and I got discouraged and gave up

Maybe I didn't take it seriously or maybe I just didn't change locations when I should have but I'm considering trying it again

The end goal realistically would be to have a couple of hundred boxes and attempt to make a living off this if that's possible

And then maybe morph into something like gumball machines or something else freestanding and small

Can anyone out there tell me if this is a attainable goal?

Jackpot,

See the rather lengthy (sorry) I just started about partnering with Sheridan and putting out 50 boxes.  I think it would be impossible to "make a living" off of a couple of hundred boxes.  My 50 boxes project to 12k gross a year at most and my net profit will only run 20-25% after COGS/taxes/Gas/etc.  Given my projections, you'd only be bringing home 12-15k on 200 boxes.  

This is just a side gig for me as my wife and I both work full-time.  I'm using it as a way to get a foot in the door and get some bulk/gumball locations.  I live in one of the fastest growing urban/suburban areas in the midwest and I'm finding my area to be worked over pretty good by the bulk/gumball people.  I do realize there is always room for more though.

On 9/23/2019 at 5:37 AM, Jackpot Vending said:

I dabbled in charity vending boxes from Sheridan systems about 5 years ago( no genuine complaints about Sheridan they delivered what they offered )

I got 50 and put out 40 and did okay at first and then it dwindled and I got discouraged and gave up

Maybe I didn't take it seriously or maybe I just didn't change locations when I should have but I'm considering trying it again

The end goal realistically would be to have a couple of hundred boxes and attempt to make a living off this if that's possible

And then maybe morph into something like gumball machines or something else freestanding and small

Can anyone out there tell me if this is a attainable goal?

Two Rivers is right on the mark!  You would need to have about DOUBLE that amount to make a decent living, and even at that, you would need to have a large amount of High Volume/Low Shortage accounts.  Check out Bhumphrey's posts.  He is doing pretty well and is working with about 350 accounts.  200 accounts is exactly as Two Rivers put it:  "A side gig."

On 9/23/2019 at 12:55 PM, Two Rivers said:

I'm using it as a way to get a foot in the door and get some bulk/gumball locations.  I live in one of the fastest growing urban/suburban areas in the midwest and I'm finding my area to be worked over pretty good by the bulk/gumball people.  I do realize there is always room for more though.

I'm curious why you would want to transition to bulk machines?  I don't have personal experience with bulk machines but from what I've read here they're lower profit margin than charity honor boxes.  Bulk machines almost have to be harder to locate too.  Add to that having to lug the machines around, maintain them, and the much higher initial cost. What's the upside?