Vendo 511 Dispensing Issue

DALVend

Hi all, first off, completely new to this.  I run a warehouse that Leases space.  A former customer went BK and left their product including a Vendo 511 machine.  I've started using it and noticed an issue that I don't understand.

I know column 1 and 2 are both for button 1 and column 3 is for button 2.  My issue is when putting change into the machine and pushing button 2 it dispenses the correct can but when putting $1 into the validator and pushing button 2 it dispenses either from column 1, 2 or 4.  What is causing this?  How do you fix it?  Also, button 2 occasionaly gets stuck.

MEI Series 2000 bill acceptor with MEI CF 7000 change

Thanks for all the help.

A test vend usually just tests the motor in the respective column.  STS settings tie the columns together in sales mode.  I think the 511 has multiple board versions and I think some are for coke machines (as opposed to generic boards) but I'm not sure what the real difference between boards is.

Thanks for the info.  I took a look at the StoS and it looks like it was set at pre-programmed Option 1 but was vending selections 1, 2 and 3 from column 1, 2 and 3 while column 4 was vending from selection 5.  Then Sel 6-9 all matched columns 7-10.  I changed it to Option 2 and now each selection matches the column.  Is there a better pre-programmed option to use?

3 hours ago, DALVEND said:

Hi again, I've been getting asked about energy drinks.  Does anyone have a setup guide to change a column or two to dispense 16 oz energy drinks?  

You gotta be specific.  If it's 16 oz monster or 16 oz red bull, then you need can shims, adjust back spacer, and adjust the cans.  Most 16 oz I know are all the same diameter as a 12 oz can and the diameter is what normally determines what shims are needed (if any).  Leave a 1/2" gap between the sold out paddles (when they are fully pressed) and the product.

I haven't ever changed anything on a 511 so I don't know what else you may need to do,but the machine probably holds monster 2 cans deep so you'll need the cam to have 2 notches in it whereas standard setting is 3 notches for 12 oz cans.

Hello again.  I made those changes and can now dispense 16 oz cans. 

Now I’m noticing that with when the can level runs down but not empty the column reads sold out for that selection. The can level is below the sold out paddle.  Is this normal even though there are still 6 12oz cans left?

Older machines with switches are designed so that when the sold-out paddle is no longer depressed, there are still a few products left in the column. That way, when you reload it, there are still some cold products left.  So yes, it's normal to still have some product in the columns when the sold-out paddle is no longer depressed and the column says it's sold-out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again.  I new going into this I would come across issues I didn't know how to resolve.  Again, thanks for the help so far.

Some time over the weekend the Bill acceptor and coin mech lost power.  I also noticed the price display is also not working.  The machine still cools correct.  Is there a fuse that may have gone?  Where?  Is there a control board issue?

A friend is in the business (he does arcade) so he and I went through the basics of trouble shooting the power for the bills and coins but couldn't find anything.

Any help would be great, thanks.

If it's a Vendo 511 then there is a fuse on the right side of the logic board box.  If the fuse isn't blown then you have lost power at the lower left corner of the door or the transformer behind the power panel is bad (they do fail).  If the fuse is blown unplug the mech and validator first, change the fuse, then plug in the coin mech first. If the fuse doesn't blow then plug in the validator.  If either blows the fuse then that part is bad.  Also check that the logic board is still on it's standoffs and not shorting against the metal box.

Edited by AZVendor

• 4 weeks later...

Again, thanks for help with everything.  It took a lot of time but I finally tracked down all that went wrong.  It turns out the drain tube was blocked, leaked water onto the transformer.  The transformer went out and took the control board and fuse holder with it.  To fix this I had professional help.  Now that all of this is up and running I have issues with the MEI bill acceptor.  It will only allow 1 bill so anything priced over $1 can't be sold.  Does the bill acceptor need to be reset?  The original board was a Univendor 2 5.1b.  The new board is a generic Univendor 2 5.1.  I know programming was different through the board.  I just don't know if I missed something with the MEI.  

Thanks again for everything.