Question about money collecting

Bturtle

Hello, I am going to purchase a DNCB 440 and am looking to upgrade the dollar bill collector to something that takes credit cards. At the very least something that takes more than single ones and coins.   Can anyone recommend a product to do this? Is it possible?

Sorry pal, but a DN440 won't be able to do any of that.  That machine is a single price machine only.  Get yourself a DN501E with a credit display which means it will be multi-price and capable of being run as MDB which is required for credit card acceptance.

4 hours ago, Bturtle said:

Thank you.   I know it is single price but what if I just want to sell one item at a single price and use credit card charger to do so? Would that work?

There are some devices that convert the signal to MDB, allowing you to install MDB components (coin mechanism, validator, and card reader) but they are slow (literally) and they may require wire splicing to install depending on the model.  Although you can do that, between a refurbished coin mechanism, validator, and the conversion kit, you are looking at $400-$500, not including the card reader.  For that amount of money, you could invest into a decent used 501E that very well may already have MDB components inside (minus the card reader).

The kits work, but they aren't ideal.  The only time I can think of where it makes sense is if you have a location where you absolutely cannot change out the machine (for whatever reason) and the location does well.

It's not worth the trouble or expense on an ancient machine that isn't worth putting any investment into.  Why are you bent on using a DN440?  Because it's cheap to buy?  That's just backward thinking when there are much more viable machines out there with MDB in them already.