Vendo 511 jam

labryan3

Had a jam in one column so I cleared it but now that column won’t vend. Do I need to rehome the motor? And how? Then I have a jam in a different column but can’t get the can out. Is there a way to get it out without destroying the can and making a mess?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate your inputs.

Edited by labryan3

You probably have worn out gate links.  The only way to unjam them (when there is no apparent physical jam) is to remove the 3 motor screws and pull the motor away enough to free up the gate link.  The rotor will break free and probably move out of position.  You then have to realign the rotor with the vend timing of the motor before reinstalling the motor.  The fact that you now have 2 columns jammed points to all the gate links being worn out.  You should replace them all or this will keep happening more frequently.

gate links?

1 hour ago, AZVendor said:

You probably have worn out gate links.  The only way to unjam them (when there is no apparent physical jam) is to remove the 3 motor screws and pull the motor away enough to free up the gate link.  The rotor will break free and probably move out of position.  You then have to realign the rotor with the vend timing of the motor before reinstalling the motor.  The fact that you now have 2 columns jammed points to all the gate links being worn out.  You should replace them all or this will keep happening more frequently.

gate links?

Gate links.  They are plastic pieces behind the motors that operate the gate above the rotor.  They are engaged into the front of the rotor and as it moves it will move the gate to keep multiple cans from dropping into the rotor and jamming it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Gate links.  They are plastic pieces behind the motors that operate the gate above the rotor.  They are engaged into the front of the rotor and as it moves it will move the gate to keep multiple cans from dropping into the rotor and jamming it.

I’ll check it out. Thank you!