Dn501e

Nate Pokorney

Hello all, I recently purchased a dixie norco 501e r/s 11-9  machine. It appears columns 1-7 are set up to vend 12oz cans columns 8 appear to be set for 16oz monster drinks and column 9 it set for 16.9oz bottles of water. As a new member today to this forum and new to vending. Can anyone help me with what theses should be set at as far as cam position, rod location, back brace location? I also have a question on the rotors themselves. It appears 4 of the 9 rotors have a broke thin metal tab on the bottom of them. What are they used for and if they need replacing is there someone that sells these and a couple other iteams im looking to replace?

Thanks,

If your columns are set up for the products you mentioned then you don't need any further information on those columns if you are going to sell those products in those columns.  Are you planning to change products?

The metal tabs in the rotors are anti-theft devices and they are not replaceable as they are riveted in.  The do frequently get bent to the point that they jam or cut cans so when they get bent you have to bend them back and forth to break them off.  Otherwise they will cut cans.  If you don't break them off cleanly they can still cut cans so if a sharp edge is still exposed you need to hammer it down.

• Thanks 1

Here are the set up guides for those products.

https://rc.cranems.com/Uploads/93-279-34.pdf   for 12 oz cans

https://rc.cranems.com/Uploads/2000-760-05.pdf  for 16.9 oz Gatorade (same as Propel)

You should do 20 oz Gatorade instead because it vends better and you get a higher price for it.  https://rc.cranems.com/Uploads/94-379-15.pdf

The shims will rock back and forth a bit and it's normal for the rotor to move them.  If you have product in the column and the rotor actually catches the lip of the shim then either the shim is bent or maybe the rotor is bent.  It may cure itself over time.

• Thanks 1

Az,

I have a guy that wants to sell me a factory reconditioned Dixie Norco DNCB 180 cold drink machine. This is a super basic 5 selection machine coin op only. What do you think I should offer for it? Or should I stay away from this? He actually has 3 other older pepsi machines varying in age from the 70's that has been in a storage/shop for 25 years. With this machine but they are all pretty old looking and Im not looking to house old junk. But my thought was if the price is right and these are decent I could put the reconditioned one in the same location I have the dn501e.

Thanks,

A DN180 only holds that many cans in 5 columns and vends only cans.  Unless it's a late model version that has a factory cutout in the door for a bill validator there won't be any room for one unless it's mounted in the plexi sign.  $100 tops if you really want it.

And by the way, "the factory" never reconditioned them.  Someone else might have but their only real value is not for a vending location but for someone's personal machine.  I ran 3 of them on my routes way back when and they only worked in slow accounts that weren't worth servicing anyway.

Edited by AZVendor
  • Thanks 1

Az,

Thank you for the valuable information. This helps a ton. I have another guy getting out of vending and trying to get me to bu his dn 5591 vending machine but that thing is massive and a little more machine than I would like. He also has a smaller drink/ snack combo machine but my current location doesn't want snacks being vended. 

Again thanks for all the answers they have been valuable.

Don't do any snacks unless you can put at least 5 full size machines out at the same time to minimize your stales.  Stay away from imported combo machines - the market is flooded with them.  Post the make and model of any machine you're considering to find out if it's a worthwhile model to buy.  The 5591 is a great machine if you know how to use and merchandise it, and it doesn't require flavor labels.  If the 501 is your first machine then you aren't ready for a 5591 yet.  Either machine is a good choice for a good location however.  You should stick with 'stacker' machines to start with until you have a good understanding of how vending works.

• Thanks 1

That is a rare machine.  It's a Baby Bevmax with the snack and candy shelves making it a Baby Entray machine.  I never knew that DN built them or made the narrow snack/candy shelves for them.  It would be a good buy below $1K.  You will probably never see another one in your lifetime but it would be a decent machine.  Make sure that the segmented delivery bin doors are in place.  Those segments sometimes break off and I don't know if they are still available.  I will add that having just 3 snack selections and 6 candy selections isn't very versatile but it might be ideal for a place with 20 people or so.

He wants to sell it to me for 400 and the inserts are there i watched him function threw each row and the temp in the machine is at 37° with no issues. But you do bring a good point. It you haven't seen one before then chance of buying replacement parts may be very difficult wouldn't you think?

6 hours ago, Nate Pokorney said:

He wants to sell it to me for 400 and the inserts are there i watched him function threw each row and the temp in the machine is at 37° with no issues. But you do bring a good point. It you haven't seen one before then chance of buying replacement parts may be very difficult wouldn't you think?

They share most mechanical parts with the much more common 5591. The only parts you will not be able to get is the sheet metal snack shelves (which you shouldn’t ever need to replace). Entray (the snack shelf part) parts like motors and spirals are not very common but you shouldn’t need them. Soda section parts are very easy to get, the shelves themselves are a bit more rare but there were still a bunch made and you shouldn’t need to replace one.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nate Pokorney said:

Im thinking of updating the bill validator as well but it works flawlessly it a mag50b. If I was to update the pair whats a reliable option for me.

Validator: Mars VN2502, 2512, 2702, 2712

Mech: another 9302GX if you want a 3 tube, otherwise the Mars CF7512 for higher change capacity if you keep running out of quarters (if you get a lot of 5 dollar bills)

• Thanks 1