dixie 501T black cam

AngryChris

I am trying to replace some motors, including 2 wide column motors for a 501T (single-price).  The cams are black and I don't know if I need to replace them with the same thing.  I can't seem to find a manual to tell me what I need to know.  Do I just need another motor with a black cam?

The black cam will go 3 deep on wide column so if you can get your eyes on other motors a green/gold motor should work if the motor frame is deep enough.  But you could also have an issue with the motor arm not fitting the front of your ocsillator bars.  Otherwise just get another used black cam motor.  You probably won't find a new one now since Crane bought DN and dumped so many T-model parts and support.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

The black cam will go 3 deep on wide column so if you can get your eyes on other motors a green/gold motor should work if the motor frame is deep enough.  But you could also have an issue with the motor arm not fitting the front of your ocsillator bars.  Otherwise just get another used black cam motor.  You probably won't find a new one now since Crane bought DN and dumped so many T-model parts and support.

I think I'll have to cannibalise a machine.  As it turns out, I only have 5 single price left and 3 are 3-deep.  The black cam versions seem rare.