AC500 help

mkwpros124

I have an american changer AC500 that has been sitting for years. Upon attempted revival, it does not work. The problem is the coinco BA30BAB validator. It takes in bill and then rejects them right away. Only one time did it actually accept the bill. I sometimes get a flash code of 5. I cleaned the optical sensors, I even took out the boards and cleaned the actual sensors. Does anyone know what other validators work with the AC500? Also what is the difference between the BA30B and BA30BAB? I need something that takes 1 and 5 dollar bills. Thanks

• 1 year later...

BA30B / BA30BAB are basically the same aside from had an extended harness ( and bezel ??).  They are both 110 vac "Pulse" or 34 vdc "MDB" units.   Coinco model  "MAG" replaced "BA" many years ago.   If you need to accept $5 bills printed after 2008, you'll need to get yours updated.   

They normally get picky on bills when the belts get slick , sensors start to fail or the transport motor gets weak and slows down. 

MEI AE25401 or 2601 should work in it's place.  I believe AC changer boards already have a 12 pin plug for them.

On 2/2/2020 at 11:11 AM, mkwpros124 said:

I have an american changer AC500 that has been sitting for years. Upon attempted revival, it does not work. The problem is the coinco BA30BAB validator. It takes in bill and then rejects them right away. Only one time did it actually accept the bill. I sometimes get a flash code of 5. I cleaned the optical sensors, I even took out the boards and cleaned the actual sensors. Does anyone know what other validators work with the AC500? Also what is the difference between the BA30B and BA30BAB? I need something that takes 1 and 5 dollar bills. Thanks

The last alpha characters represent the mask/bezel on it.  SA is snack,B is bottle, BAB is something different.  If the AC500 has a full cutout, then you should only need a harness for a mars 2511/2501 and the 2511/2501 validator.  That's as much as I can say.

"BAB" is for changers and amusements.  Basically, it's just a BA30B ( 120VAC pulse or 34 VDC mdb ) with a longer harness between the dbv and it's board allowing it to mount away up to about 18" from the DBV.  This allows you to mount the DBV on changer doors that are too thin for the DBV and it's side-mounted board.