Lectro Vend VS99 DEX?

I have a customer who's machines I service. His snack machine is a Lectro Vend VS99 I think made about 1995. On the inside the diagram by the control board says is has MDB support but I do not see how and I cannot find information or parts for adding the harness or support. I was hoping a veteran on here could maybe provide some more information or if I can even add MDB. Really if I could just get dex that would be fine. I am gonna be adding this machine to a existing route of mine and I would like to be able to monitor sales/inventory with a USA Tech G10 or a Cantaloupe seed.

Edited by NeoMetra

My answer, probably not. If you do not have a dex (1/4 in headphone jack) or MDB cable/ connector already in the machine you might be out of luck. The harnesses are long out of production, along with pretty much every other part for that machine. And no one really stocks too many parts either. And I'm not too sure it even supports DEX.

No DEX or MDB for Lektro Vends.  As orsd said they are obsolete and nothing can be found to use on them for upgrades.  They are true boat anchors and need to be retired.

On 6/5/2020 at 6:20 PM, orsd said:

My answer, probably not. If you do not have a dex (1/4 in headphone jack) or MDB cable/ connector already in the machine you might be out of luck. The harnesses are long out of production, along with pretty much every other part for that machine. And no one really stocks too many parts either. And I'm not too sure it even supports DEX.

Well this machine has a DEX port in it. Here is a picture of the control board and  other info. All I need is to track inventory.  Do you think I can do that with the DEX Port?

103074669_316183276048658_2837511229640829094_n.jpg

103250166_262000548341615_5845993556013746469_n.jpg

On 6/5/2020 at 10:40 PM, AZVendor said:

No DEX or MDB for Lektro Vends.  As orsd said they are obsolete and nothing can be found to use on them for upgrades.  They are true boat anchors and need to be retired.

What do you think about using DEX for inventory given the photos ?

You can try DEX, looks like it has a connector, but it may or may not work. DEX has been bastardized and so some devices do not play well with certain vendors. Being that this would be an early implementation of DEX and that Lectrovend support is not really a priority there is a chance it may not work perfectly. But you could certainly try.

As for MDB you would need a harness. Good luck getting one though. Your only hope if you can’t find one for sale is if there is a wiring diagram in the manual and you know or know someone that can make a harness.

Edited by orsd

1 hour ago, orsd said:

You can try DEX, looks like it has a connector, but it may or may not work. DEX has been bastardized and so some devices do not play well with certain vendors. Being that this would be an early implementation of DEX and that Lectrovend support is not really a priority there is a chance it may not work perfectly. But you could certainly try.

As for MDB you would need a harness. Good luck getting one though. Your only hope if you can’t find one for sale is if there is a wiring diagram in the manual and you know or know someone that can make a harness.

I see. Thanks, I will try it for sure.