is this a rip off?

Kweli

So i was scrolling through instagram. I follow a guy who sells the "business of vending". You know the guys selling location services, books legal documents so on. Today I saw that they are selling a mask vending machine, using old soap power(laundry detergent) vending machines. They are selling them for 1600 and it holds 75 masks. A quick google search used machines are $500 to $1000. New are $1000. Am I looking at this the wrong way or is this a rip off?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCTTmsxhMXO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://maskvending.net/shop/ols/products/msc1-coin-operated-mask-vending-machine

I'm not even going to look at the link and say yes, it's a ripoff.  It's just an old slide operated soap dispenser from a laundromat.  While it might be a new machine it's definitely overpriced as I wouldn't give more than $200 for one of those machines new, even if I wanted one.  Besides, IG is no different than any other social media site.  If it's posted it must be true!

If you really wanted to do this those soap vendors are cheap on Craigslist. All you would have to do is get some graphics.

However, the idea isn’t really sound. Most folks concerned enough to want to wear a mask won’t carry cash. Plus, there is a coin shortage right now. 

20 hours ago, orsd said:

If you really wanted to do this those soap vendors are cheap on Craigslist. All you would have to do is get some graphics.

However, the idea isn’t really sound. Most folks concerned enough to want to wear a mask won’t carry cash. Plus, there is a coin shortage right now. 

I'm not going to do it in this fashion, this seems "Low budget" if i bought a mask in a unmarked box I wouldn't put it on my face seem unsanitary.