MEI VN2511 Not crediting bills

Kirkl

Hello everyone! I need a little help, I have a MEI VN2511 Bill acceptor on my Snackshop 4000 machine. Everything works except one thing, the bill acceptor takes the bill in and clicks it into holding right away, however, does not give me the credit for that 1$ that I put in. So I end up with the bill fully inside the machine but no 1$ credit. It doesn’t wait for you to make a selection or anything it clicks into the storage box right away and doesn’t credit it, anyone have any idea on how to fix that?

If this was working before with this validator then you either have a bad elevator switch in the validator meaning it needs to be rebuilt, or you have a bad interface kit that sends the credit pulse to the logic board.  

IF this DBV was not previously running on this AP4000, you may need to verify the DIP switch settings on the side of the DBV.   There are "long/short pulse" as well as "serial" options and those need to be set dependent on the controller. If possible, run that DBV on another AP4000 to verify is functional.

I bought it already like that, but I think it was working before as the seller told me. The problem is more likely with the interface not validator, because it rejects any bills other than 1$ so it know which bill it’s accepting.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:35 AM, Vendo Mike said:

IF this DBV was not previously running on this AP4000, you may need to verify the DIP switch settings on the side of the DBV.   There are "long/short pulse" as well as "serial" options and those need to be set dependent on the controller. If possible, run that DBV on another AP4000 to verify is functional.

Can you expand on what long vs short pulse vs serial means?

Not to be snippy but it's exactly how it sounds.  The amount of time the credit relay (or opto) in the DBV is closed sending the credit signal is the pulse length. On your DBV there is a likely a dip switch setting for long or short pulse.  Generally labeled in milliseconds