Sold out light stays on

PLTNSGT

Hello and thanks on advance for any help. I have a Dixie Narco model aDNCB 180CC/105-5 Coke machine. One of the slots has the sold out light on. I press the flapper it maybe an inch and it goes off, the flapper is still 75% extended. If I press the flapper any further the light comes back on. Has to be the switch right?, but I took a switch from another slot and the problem is the same. The problem switch works in the other slots. So it is not the switch, what could it be? I have unplugged it but my knowledge is very limited on vending machines. Thanks!

Edited by PLTNSGT

Check the wiring diagram on the inner door to see what wire numbers go to which terminals on the switch.  You might have it wired wrong.  Otherwise, there is probably a grounded wire somewhere in the harness.  Since a machine like this is probably not in a hot location or is just used at home then remove the light and you won't have to worry about it, except for ensuring you have the rear depth set correctly so that the sold out switch is satisfied and will allow the column to vend.

10 hours ago, orsd said:

Did it just start or has it always been this way since you got it? If it started while it was in your possession did you do anything at all to the machine before it happened?

It worked for a couple of years no problem, then sat unplugged for a few years, and I took the cans out and that seemed to make the problem start

3 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Check the wiring diagram on the inner door to see what wire numbers go to which terminals on the switch.  You might have it wired wrong.  Otherwise, there is probably a grounded wire somewhere in the harness.  Since a machine like this is probably not in a hot location or is just used at home then remove the light and you won't have to worry about it, except for ensuring you have the rear depth set correctly so that the sold out switch is satisfied and will allow the column to vend.

I only use this at home, Is there a way to by pass it so it will work without it? When I press the flapper 25% of the way down, way to far out, the light goes out, any further then that the light comes back on and will no vend the cans.

On 9/29/2020 at 2:07 PM, orsd said:

When the flap is in the 25% position and the light is out will it vend?

When the flap is completely depressed and the light is back on do the other columns vend?

When the flap is at 25% and the light is out it will not vend, when the light is out other columns will vend. I turning the turning arms by hand but they will not move.