Snacktron1 with maka validator

Jlew

hey to everyone. I am new here and not a professional vendor. I am the property manager for a YMCA in east TN. I am new to this job and have learned that we have a Snacktron 1 with a Maka validator. My boss wants me to get the validator working but he doesn't want to sink anymore money into it. He bought an ebay replacement and it didn't work either. Not sure if he bough the mech or the logic board. Anyway, the validator cycles when the machine is powered on but does nothing when a bill is inserted. Is there anything I can do to bring new life into it. If not, what mars unit should I swap it out with? Thanks in advance!

You want a mars 2511 or 2501 if you have the stock board.  You also need the mars 110v power harness and a maka-to-mars conversion harness just to be able to connect it all.  On top of that, you need a small upgrade kit that includes some parts that will allow the validator to mount to the snacktron.  In reality, you would probably be better off trying to find a local vendor who would be willing to sell you a better machine for a cheap price.  You might possibly be able to get a used machine for less than $500 from a local vendor and that used machine could easily be well over 10 years younger than what you have now.  The snacktron is a tank of a machine but quite old.