DNCB 368 with MAKA NB - 11B, What's the best replacement bill validator?

Page R

Hello, my boys have a Dixie Narco DNCB 368 with a MAKA NB-11B-400 bill validator. It won't take bills anymore and I'd like to upgrade it if that's a good option. Is there a certain one I should replace it with? I'm guessing by what I've said so far it's obvious I have no clue what I'm talking about.

Any 110VAC pulse DBV.  Given proper harnessing and DBV config, you should be able to use a VN 2511.  This might be a good time to start looking at some newer equipment so you can go to MDB and start to accept card payment.  In most areas, if you don't accept card, you're losing sales. 

2 hours ago, Page R said:

Thanks @Vendo Mike By newer equipment are you meaning a whole new machine? Can you help out a newb here and fill me on what MDB is? 

Is there anything I need to be aware of when buying a new DBV? Do you guys recommend buying refurbished?

He's saying you should consider replacing the entire machine. MDB is the modern communication protocol used today.  It's what virtually all the latest components use. It is to vending machines what USB is to computers.  You want to install a new USB mouse?  If your machine supports USB, you're good to go (may need software update).  Same with vending.  Newer coin mechs, validators, card readers, even some other components use MDB.  You can rig an old machine to do it but it's almost always a very poor idea.  Replacing the machine with something made in the last 15 years is a mega upgrade.