Go-127 use exact change

tblake05

Spoke too soon in my last post....

nycandyman, offer is still on the table.

machine says “use exact change”. How do you reset it or diagnose the reason?

unplugging it and plugging it back in does nothing. It will accept change and dollars just fine and I can push the .05 .10 and .25 buttons on the board and it will eject change.

besides the error message, if you insert a dollar and buy a .75 cent item, it will hold your .25 credit.

how do I fix it or should I just junk it?

6 hours ago, tblake05 said:

Spoke too soon in my last post....

nycandyman, offer is still on the table.

machine says “use exact change”. How do you reset it or diagnose the reason?

unplugging it and plugging it back in does nothing. It will accept change and dollars just fine and I can push the .05 .10 and .25 buttons on the board and it will eject change.

besides the error message, if you insert a dollar and buy a .75 cent item, it will hold your .25 credit.

how do I fix it or should I just junk it?

what was the offer?

you are aware that if machine is asking for change, it can only mean.... either your coin mech is shot, you dont have enough change in it, the credit can be released by pressing the return button, on top of it all, it should not accept any bills aside from coins if there is not enough change in the coin mech. so yes you can fill it with coins to have credit and also get it returned, those machines btw were way ahead of their time, you want to toss a machine bc you cant figure out how to properly set it? the next time you get in your car and accidentally put into park instead of reverse from the drive gear, toss it my way, just make sure its nicely loaded :)

Does anyone have a service manual for it?  Google isn't much help.

Nycandyman, the mech is completely full.  And it will accept change, dollars, and dispense change only if I push the buttons inside.  It just wont dispense change after a purchase but rather hold it in escrow for the next purchase.  Any ideas?

The changer mech looks like its only 3 servos controlled directly by the main board, since they eject by pushing the buttons on the control board, the changer can't be the problem, can it?

The coin acceptor (blue thing) reads the correct change and drops it into the ramp where it rolls down into the tube or the change bin.  How can that be the problem?  I'm leaning towards control board, which looking at the prices, makes the machine worthless as it was only 300.00 5 years ago and is on a slower location.

Wish these things had more standard components or at least some documentation.

Edited by tblake05

Is there a "multivend" option turned on?  Those tend to hold change for a period of time to allow another vend.  Also, "force vend" will make the consumer purchase an item after meeting the lowest vend price.  If this is on, your coin return will be ignored until a selection is made.