conlux validator error "bill sensor"

OVend

I have a conlux nbm validator in an ams sensit 3 combo machine. When the machine door is closed, the machine makes a beeping noise and says to check errors in service mode. The error then says "bill validator" and after pressing 1 for details, it says "bill sensor". But the validator hasn't been having any issues at all with spitting out bills or bills getting stuck or anything like that. So my question, is there something I can do to fix this / make the error stop popping up, or should I just ship it out for refurbish? Thanks

Along with NYCandyMaN's suggestion,remove and clean the lower track with alcohol.  While it's out, reach in and wipe down the upper track as much as you can and let it dry.  Make sure there's no debris hanging anywhere and that your rollers and belts aren't covered in gunk.  It is entirely possible that there is a sensor beginning to fail.  If you haven't already, it might be a good time to get a backup DBV ready for the field.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:24 AM, NYCandyMaN said:

check the cash box sensor, sometimes those need some tlc also

Thanks for the tip. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm not sure where the cash box sensor is. I tried reading through the manual for this validator and I still can't figure it out. could you explain to me please? thank you nycandyman

935DF51A-413A-4597-AE92-7C94F05F676F_4_5005_c.jpeg

On 1/5/2022 at 4:53 PM, Vendo Mike said:

Along with NYCandyMaN's suggestion,remove and clean the lower track with alcohol.  While it's out, reach in and wipe down the upper track as much as you can and let it dry.  Make sure there's no debris hanging anywhere and that your rollers and belts aren't covered in gunk.  It is entirely possible that there is a sensor beginning to fail.  If you haven't already, it might be a good time to get a backup DBV ready for the field.

Is the lower track the plastic piece with the 2 white tabs on the sides that you squeeze in to pull the piece out, or is there something else you are referring to as the lower track? Thanks again for the helpful advice.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OVend said:

Is the lower track the plastic piece with the 2 white tabs on the sides that you squeeze in to pull the piece out, or is there something else you are referring to as the lower track? Thanks again for the helpful advice.

Yes, that is the lower track.  You should also pull the bill box and clean everything you can reach with alcohol and lint free rag.  Just don't want to leave debris behind.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

Yes, that is the lower track.  You should also pull the bill box and clean everything you can reach with alcohol and lint free rag.  Just don't want to leave debris behind.

Ok Thank you. I do use the validator cleaning cards/ wipes once every few weeks or month but I will try cleaning it manually with alcohol like you said. Its there any specific type of alcohol or ingredients / additives that I need to avoid?

7 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

That is the plunger for the bill box switch.  The bill box depresses this switch when completely seated. If not seen, the DBV will not accept.  There should be a list of errors (flash codes) on the bill box that will point you toward issues. When the unit is powered up, locate the status LED and count flashes.  With that info, reference that chart to get an idea where to look?

Ah ok I never paid attention to / noticed that diagnostics table on the bill box. I will be back at this location on Tuesday so I will definitely take a look at the flashing LED monitor light like you said. Thanks

On 1/7/2022 at 5:19 PM, OVend said:

Ah ok I never paid attention to / noticed that diagnostics table on the bill box. I will be back at this location on Tuesday so I will definitely take a look at the flashing LED monitor light like you said. Thanks

diagnostics codes are there for a reason, the machine is trying to tell you that there is something wrong with it so you can fix and eliminate the issue, those codes are important.

• Like 1