BevMax 2 upgrade

Absolute

I don't believe that upgrade is possible.  The Bev 2 was it's own animal.  The Bev3 came out to redesign the weaknesses of the Bev2 and then the Bev4 came out to redesign the weaknesses of the Bev3.  The Bev4 board will upgrade the Bev3 with many other part upgrades also needed. Bevmax, Bev 2 Bev 3/4 are different generations with incompatibility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZVendor said:

I don't believe that upgrade is possible.  The Bev 2 was it's own animal.  The Bev3 came out to redesign the weaknesses of the Bev2 and then the Bev4 came out to redesign the weaknesses of the Bev3.  The Bev4 board will upgrade the Bev3 with many other part upgrades also needed. Bevmax, Bev 2 Bev 3/4 are different generations with incompatibility.

It is possible as mine was upgraded from a 2 to a 4.  I believe it required installing some new sensors and door switches but I had a company do it.

The Bev2 was the Coke machine with the bubble side on the right and the belt delivery system.  Even with an upgrade to it I don't think the machine is worth it, especially if you can still steal from it which was the whole problem with that design.

Edited by AZVendor

36 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

The Bev2 was the Coke machine with the bubble side on the right and the belt delivery system.  Even with an upgrade to it I don't think the machine is worth it, especially if you can still steal from it which was the whole problem with that design.

I think the bevmax you're thinking of is the bevmax 5000.  The bevmax 2, to my knowledge, was the first generation with the picker cup and it's known as a 5800, as is a bevmax 3 or 4.  A bevmax 4 would have a model number 5800-4. The 2-4 all have picker cups but the cup changed over time as did door switches, sensors added, and different cabinet modifications but the 5800-2 is definitely not the coke version with the conveyor

9 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Yes, you're right.  There weren't too many of the 5000s out in the wild because they were Coke-only. I only worked on a handful of them. 

My former employer had some and they were down regularly, often because someone just wanted to steal a coke