Phillip Vernon (Vernon Vending Services)

Overall, I am a  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, I am a

• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

Gordich

If you read the posts you would see that Phillip does not want to make things right.  He does NOT resolve the problems he has with many, many people.  There are way to many people that have issues with him that he avoids them.  He knows my address you knows what he owes me...why do I not have a check???  Because is has no moral, has no ethics, has no integrity and is a flat out cheat, liar, thief, con-artist, fraud, etc.  The list goes on.  Everyone of them being accurate descriptions of Phillip.

Attempts have been made by many people to correct the problems or make things right but Phillip avoids the calls and messages and when you do contact him he is full of lies.  Like somebody not being ready or he did his or that when he knows he is lying and doesn't want to admit his con.  I have way more examples then could put on here of his lies.  I could write a book.  He places multiple vendors on the same location which is a breach of contract but doesn't not address that.  He was given well over $16 and only placed 16 machines.  Where is the refund for what he has not earned??  I was ready for months and every day I was suppose to be.  He then wants to sell me 6-9 month old locations.  He wants to deduct expenses that are an all inclusive contract.  He twists things to continue his FRAUD.  There is one very simple solution, one very correct and right thing to do and that is refund what he did not do or earn but yet he does not do that because again has no integrity or morals.  He is a conniving weasel that steals from people.  He can never provide any evidence of his lies and have talked to people that have asked him for documentation and they never hear from him gain.  Why??  Because he can't and knows he is called out for his lies.

So as it stands he owes me money and does nothing about it.  What do you call that???

Also, you may have gotten lucky with Phillip but look at the number of people that have complaints with Phillip....UNresolved complaints with Phillip and that tells a much greater story.

There is a phrase I have used countless times and stands here....ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WRODS

Look at Phillips actions or lack there of....speaks loudly of SCAM, FRAUD, THIEF, LIAR.  He hasn't proven otherwise to me or anybody else except I guess you.  1 out of thousands apparently.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin

you have asked me several times to tell you of these 24 hour locations in Cleveland

i cannot tell you the existing locations because they are no longer my locations.

i want to apologise for ribbing you about your spidey-sence...sense...whatever

i am not used to such hate being directed at me

and when you said the things you did about me

never having even met me,

well...i was upset

i would like to give you a location

this location is open 24hours a day, 7days a week, 365 days a year

according to the manager there are 175 drivers and 50 employees

totaling 225 employees

all you have to do is deliver the machine

the company is:

yellow cab

2069 west 3rd st.

Cleveland oh 44113

216-623-1500

Richard Hadley (manager)

place the machine in the drivers break room where the other vending machies are.

i told Richard if there were any problems there would be a number on the machine

so please put your number on the machine

i would drive into the parking lot by the shop where they work on the cabs

ask one of the mechanics where the breakroom is

the breakroom is usually not far from the mechanics area

if anyone asks tell them Richard is letting us do this

go to see where to place in the breakroom and the closest door to deliver

deliver the machine

respectfully

Phillip Vernon

Phillip,

I must give credit where credit is due. You produced someone who is happy with your services. To be honest, I think this is perhaps the best thing you could have done. Others here may suspect the source, or not be swayed, but for me, having someone step up and not say negative things about you goes a long way.

As for our disagreements, I will agree to us remembering the facts differently, and leave it at that. I'm not looking to grow my vending business much larger that it is now, so it is very unlikely we would be doing business in the future, regardless of how good your rep was. So, with that in mind, we can simply agree to disagree on remembering how past events went and leave it at that.

Now, for the location. That was a nice touch and I thank you for it. Unfortunately this is on the west side of Cleveland and we live in an eastern suburb. It is about 40min from our house, and we don't have any other locations near it. However, I do want to thank you for the offer and tell you it was appreciated.

Kevin

Gordich, thanks for coming on and sharing your experience!

Kevin

Yes, Kevin, I agree.  It is good to get numerous opinions.  None of us are all bad, nor all good.

Upon reflection, I think I need to clarify my comments.  I have no reason not to believe that Mr. Vernon is a very capable locator.  Even Kate, the young woman who Mr. Vernon sent to locate my machines, acknowledged that he was very good at actually locating machines.  It reminds me of my own uncle.  He is an excellent optometrist, but a horrible businessman.  And after years of being unable to manage money, employees, and clients, he finally had the clarity of vision to realize that his skills were not in the front office.  He became an employee working for another optometrist and he and his clients are much happier for it.

Perhaps Mr. Vernon should play to his strengths and strictly locate.

Stan

Steve, you should add an option of "I am not a customer" so that we can select something without skewing the results yet still view them.

Darryl,

The locator review polls are set to "view by all"

You should not need to vote in order to see the results. Simply click on "View Results" from the poll menu and it will show you the results. Then if you wish to vote, click on "View Voting Options"

Oh Boy, this is staring to remind me of that situation in Michigan a few years ago.  Remember when "new" members would post a glowing endorsement of a locator on their very first post.  Turned out to be a shill situation from a friend or relative of the locator.  The post states that since a locator has been in business for 20+ years, how could they possibly still be providing services in business today?  Well all I can say is that many locator's have been screwing vendors for a long time now and our wonderful legal system does virtually NOTHING to help the vendors recover their lost money!  Bulk vending scams is low on the priority list of the authorities, the cops want nothing to do with it and litigation costs are excessive.  So the vendor has very little options but to grin and bear it - and those locators know that!  Heck, the system can't stop the Bernie Madoff's of the world, let alone low life locators.  Most of those locators also feast off of newbies that bought into over priced biz-op packages (like Uturn, Vendstar and 1-800).  There has also never been any kind of reference list (like a credit history report) for locators - until now!

At this point, I would never give ANY locator any deposit money (zippo baby!) - period. They should only be paid when the locations are accepted and installed.  It's time to turn the tables on the locators and let them take the risk when a certain area does not work out.  I am firm believer that people should not be compensated until they deliver real results.  I would also strongly suggest that you recruit your own people to help you locate since these so-called "professional" locators have developed very bad habits over the years.  Advertise, Advertise, Advertise!  Try newspaper ads, craig list ads, church members, coworkers, friends, relatives, neighbors, etc.  There are people out there that will accept these terms and do this without a deposit - especially in this economy. 

Jax - Power to the Vendor!

Thanks Jax

Well said!!!  If you noticed Phillips one positive review was a new member only a day or two before on this forum.  Very fishy but everything with Phillip stinks.  If it looks like poop, smells like poop must be poop. Oh that describes this locator.

That is why Phillip cries because I am speaking out about this lowlife locator.  I must be making a difference otherwise he wouldn't care.  Can I get a "Hell yeah!" for the vendors.

Also, as you stated, the authorities don't care.  Phillip twists that and says my case was dropped.  They never started it and call it a civil suit and as you mentioned costs money and Phillip has nothing so would be a losing proposition.  Again Phillip and other lowlife locators know this.  My recourse is speaking out and warning others.

I pray other newbies find this site and see to avoid Phillip and others.  Learn to negotiate no pay until they perform because so many do not perform or meet the contractual agreements.  Once they have your money there is no more incentive for them.  They will take your 50% and run and be happy.  Phillip did.  I am sure others do as well.

Hey everyone

I just thought I would paste Phillips latest reply to me.

He asks people to contact him thru his email so he can hide more of his lies.

So I sent him a message giving him YET another chance to "make things right" as he often has stated.

Well after a few exchanges here is his latest....

read this

this is my last email to you

there will be no refund

you deposit was used up securing the locations you will not meet me to deliver

i will no longer respond to you or your lies

when you want the locations

email me

i will be happy to give them to you

other than that

i will no longer respond to your lies and accusations

phillip"

As you can see he twists things and hasn't once proven or shown where I supposedly lied or when I supposedly did not meet to deliver.  I was ready and even drove once only to be stood up.  I have witness and proof I was ready but he did not show, did not answer his phone.

He is the liar and I have given example after example of his lies.  Where have I lied??  Please tell me, I would love to know.

He knows he owes me that money and chooses NOT to "make things right".  I am not surprised but just wanted these so called supports to see that Phillip is, has been, and will be a CRONIK LIAR, FRAUD, THIEF, SCAMMER, CON_ARTIST, WEASEL, COWARD, etc.

He likes to call it childish name calling but everyone of them appropriately describes who and what Phillip Vernon is. (Phillip look up the definitions of these words...they describe you to perfectly)

I am and have been honest, fair, truthful, and forgiving to Phillip for a long time. I have given him every chance in the book to "make things right" but he doesn't.  All I get and you see are LIES and fabrications made up by Phillip.  He again shows no integrity, no ethics and no morals.  Most of you on here know this  and hope all newbies read this and know and should clearly see to avoid this THIEF.

Phillip is the poster child for bad locators.

Let me make one thing clear also.  I never said Phillip could not find locations but he grossly over states what there income will be to newbies, he doesn't know how to run a business and does not meet the contractual agreement, then when he f~~~s up he has no integrity to correct the problem appropriately.  He wants to weasel out of his portion and put blame on the vendor and make absurd resolution offers.

His resolution to me is locations 2 years after the fact.  I have no need for locations 2 years after the fact.  I asked for a refund before he began and during the entire process but he did not and does not refund what he owes me and now comes up with stuff that is not in the contract to weasel out of paying me back what he owes me.  This is his mess, I tried working with him but got nothing.  This is very simple stuff and the lies are endless with Phillip.  The "RIGHT" thing to do would to refund what he owes me.  That is clear and obvious to everyone except Phillip.

I am a very kind person and like to wish the best for people but Phillip truly is NOT deserving of anything good.  He has screwed too many people and actually wish the worst for this clown.

Here are just a very, very, very  small sample of lies and evidence of the character of Phillip:

I have asked him if the locations he supposedly has are in Oshkosh?  He does not answer. (contract signed by Phillip states Oshkosh area.  Again 2 years ago and what he has is no good or use to me so why would a sane person want something he has been sitting on?  Why did he not show up and meet to deliver as is another line item in the contract to physically place machines.  But he wants to send them to me.

Contract states will not place another vendor on same location but he did that but does not reply to that.

Contract does not state anything about paying for expenses as it is an all inclusive agreement. But wants me to now pay for stuff when he did not perform his end of the agreement.

I paid him 50% upfront, plus money for gumballs that he never delivered which he avoids that fact too.  So he really ended up with 71% upfront.  How nice of me huh??  STUPID of me I know.

He was to, and I quote "Locate includes obtaining permission to place the equipment on their premises."  Of the few locations I got from him (mind you again in Milwaukee...not Oshkosh where they were suppose to be) he got permission alright...from I don't know the janitor.  I got a call shortly there after (by shortly I mean a week or two) from those in charge and was requested to remove my machine.  It was NOT authorized for placement.  Now had to find time to drive an hour and half to remove one machine.  Called Phillip and he said he would take care of it.  Think he did???  NOPE!!!  Gave him the name, number and he never called, he never came back to finish the job he was suppose to do and here we sit.  I had to drive and spend gas money to remove a machine he did not properly place.  Well I suppose he got permission but was not specified from those in charge and can actually approve the placement of a machine.

Agreement also states going over the sales pitch and he never did that. This isn't a biggie but still is in the signed contract and part that of what he did NOT fulfill.

These examples are just from the contract.  There is examples of when I drove to Milwaukee and he was a NO show.  When he did other vendors who singed up with him after me but he did them before me.  Then when he did show in Oshkosh we discussed the area and placements but then took off to Milwaukee without calling, advicing me or getting approval or have me in agreement with that.  He stated several times he was sending in two (2) locator's to do my job and never got one other than Michael who was a joke as stated prior posts.  Again list is endless.

JUST THE FACT THAT A BIZ-OP FIRED HIM SAYS A LOT!!I feel for you.this topic has made sure that no one from this board will use this locator.if nothing else you have saved us all time money and headaches.for that I thank you and wish I could show you gratitude.

I just came across this topic recently and frankly I'm a little confused by all the Phillip Vernon bashing that I see - are we talking about the same guy? Let me tell you about my experience with Phillip.

Phillip located and placed 100 bulk carousel machines for me in 2004. He spent the first week getting locations fulltime. The second week he looked for locations in the morning and then we placed 20 machines with my van in the afternoon each day. I was impressed with the energy and dedication he put into his work. I had to hustle to keep up with him. If he was stymied by an employees indifference, he would go in the back door or through the loading dock or find some other way to talk to someone in a position of authority.

I have dealt with over a dozen different locaters (in person and telemarketing) since I began my business in 2002 and have never seen anyone else followup and not take no for an answer like Phillip. In fact, Phillip has perhaps been the most positive experience I've had with locaters over the years. I still have most of these locations today, and many of them are still my top earners. I can only speak of my own personal experience with Phillip, and it was a positive one. He's the best locater I've had so far, and I would recommend him to others without hesitation.

Myles

Myles

I agree with Kevin....you just signed up so you didn't "just come across this".

Plus let me ask you this....you think things change in 5 yrs???

Well let me clue you in...things do change and from 2004 to 2007 Phillip must have had major changes because in the past 3 years that I know of but could be longer, he has been screwing people and if you read any of the posts he has not resolved issues with clients that have given him money for either services or machines, or other items.  He has not delivered, performed, honored contracts he has signed, or been man enough to refund the people he legitimately owes money to.  So I would concider yourself very lucky that you were not one of the people that he stole from.

As for going in back doors...that is shady work and you are right...he doesn't take no.  Owners and others are trying to constantly tell him NO but he doesn't listen just as he doesn't address issues with his clients, doesn't return calls.  This is just part of his ignorant character.  I just haven't figured out if he is really that stupid or he knowingly with purpose doing those things.  My bet right now is on the latter but more and more starting to lean towards the aforementioned.

Maybe you can explain why if you had such great service why Phillip has NO...let me say that in another way...ZERO integrity with anybody else???  Me and many others would love to know that.  So do try and explain but my money is that you are like the other one time wonders that sign up to post a review for Phillip.  They are SUSPECT reviews.  If you have so much experience and machines why don't you share some of that knowledge with others??

• 2 months later...

I believe I had a locator review mis posted elsewhere. Oops. :) But here is a review or PV and his locating service:

Good ol' PV.

Although I am new to this forum, I am not new to this man.

He was my introduction to "Professional Location". 

I had 20 1800 triple heads to get located, and the thought of located them myself was daunting. So I called Phillip. (After an endorsement from 1800 Vending, by the way)

On the phone, he sounds like he knows what he's talking about, but then I guess he should. Sounds like he has been at this for a while.

Long story short..... 2,000 and 17/20 machines placed.... (yeah... I know...) and his 'assistant', or whoever she was skipped out and didn't even finish the job. (I didn't even get Phillip himself. What the heck?  )

I got a location that was to be moving 1 week after placement, I got another one that was next to 5 other machines. Creepy, dusty, rotten, old machines.

Oh well. It was a lesson. An EXPENSIVE one, but those are the ones you remember!

PS 1800 Vending does not recommend him any longer. 

Archived