Double Bubble

deee_z

1 hour ago, deee_z said:

Sam’s seems to be out of gum balls now.  Where is another place to get them cheaply? I’m in Texas.  Gumballs.com does not answer the phone or return calls. 

A & A Global  https://www.aaglobal.com/pc_combined_results.asp?search_keyword=zed

I have used the ZED gumballs with some success. I am down to my last pallet of Ford and it appears they are out of the bulk business for the foreseeable future so ZED may be my go to from now on.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, jay22 said:

this sams club shortage is so frustrating! every other day i call and they tell me it’s been pushed out a few days further. haven’t gotten any there in months 

I talked to one of my local competitors this week. He said he spoke with Concord Confections last week and they assured him that Dubble Bubble would be back in Sam's within two weeks. Hopefully he's right because this is causing a lot of headaches for vendors everywhere.

24 minutes ago, gumball guy said:

I talked to one of my local competitors this week. He said he spoke with Concord Confections last week and they assured him that Dubble Bubble would be back in Sam's within two weeks. Hopefully he's right because this is causing a lot of headaches for vendors everywhere.

i spoke to someone from concord confections  today… he told me that the 2 clubs near me had them in. i called them… and they didn’t lol. sams has no answers either 

24 minutes ago, jay22 said:

i spoke to someone from concord confections  today… he told me that the 2 clubs near me had them in. i called them… and they didn’t lol. sams has no answers either 

If anyone ever wanted to find a perfect example of the worst customer service model in modern retail history, Sam's Club would be it.

• Haha 1

haha well i think they just don't know anything.  can never get anyone from live chat online to give you a concrete answer, and when you call the store, they just check the scanner to see if it's in or not.  this is on concord confections i think.... there was a shortage on a couple of the ingredients needed to make gumballs i was told.

• Sad 1

I bought 3 boxes of fun and the cost was roughly $150.00.  Went to SAM’s the next week and they had 20 boxes.  They are out again though as of last week.   It is pitiful what the younger and upcoming generation has become.   I ask them a question and they look at me with perplexed expression and then don’t have an answer.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I talked to John the Concord Confections Sales Rep this week at the NBVA Conference.  He informed me that there is a big lot going to Sam's club between now and middle of next month. they had supply chain  shortages. As soon as they would get the supplies they needed they would run through it and, have to wait for more. 

So gumballs are coming. they just popped back in my store again while I was gone.

Dubble Bubble is back in Sam's in my area is well. I tried one of them and was stunned......they are the softest Double Bubble gumballs I have ever had. I'm not going to get my hopes up but if they retain that softness going forward it will really help sales.

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2022 at 11:40 AM, gumball guy said:

A & A Global  https://www.aaglobal.com/pc_combined_results.asp?search_keyword=zed

I have used the ZED gumballs with some success. I am down to my last pallet of Ford and it appears they are out of the bulk business for the foreseeable future so ZED may be my go to from now on.

What happened with Ford?  (I only use their gum)
I looked on their website and there's no mention of shutting down, and I see they're hiring right now.  Are they ramping back up?  Are they going to quick bulk gum but stay in the other gum?

6 hours ago, RikaKazak said:

What happened with Ford?  (I only use their gum)
I looked on their website and there's no mention of shutting down, and I see they're hiring right now.  Are they ramping back up?  Are they going to quick bulk gum but stay in the other gum?

I talked to them last month and their story hasn't changed. They are not manufacturing/selling bulk for an indeterminate period of time. They cite the primary reason as a lack of employees to do the work so they are prioritizing their retail lines (such as Big League Chew) because they are the most profitable. Tina was adamant that they would one day restart their bulk operations but as usual had no idea when that would happen. It's been about two years since they had "normal" bulk operations so, while I hope that they restart them soon, I wouldn't be surprised if they never went back to it. I hope I'm wrong because their gumballs are by far my best selling product. 

• Like 1