USI 3038 Satellite Compressor issue.

Drcpwen

My USI 3038 Satellite compressor seems dead.  It’s  just unusual that none of the fans are running and it’s not making any noises at all.  I usually work with Dixie Narco and Royal machines but needed this compact machine due to lack of space.  Is that normal for the compressor and fans to completely stop working at the same time.  I didn’t have a meter to further check but I know it has power at the plug and the machine dispenses cans.  Can anyone give me some feedback?   Thanks, Danny

Since  the compressor and condenser fan has to operate simultaniously, most machines are designed so that they share power.   Either a relay controller by the board or a thermostat supplies power to turn them both on.  If you are getting no power at all to that system, chase the power back and you'll likely find an open (blown fuse, burned wire, faulty relay) along the way.  If all looks good there, many machines offer a "Relay Test" that allows you to cycle power to the compressor, evap fans and lighting systems. to test board and drivers.

Keep in mind that the evap fans are separate from condenser fan and are supplied power separately.  If none of those systems are running in ta satellite cab...I would be looking for an open circuit like umbilical harness or blown fuse at the host cabinet.

Thank you so much for the feedback.  I'm heading to that machine tomorrow with a multi meter.  I'm planning to temporarily relocate the satellite machine while working on it since space is really tight.  Can you confirm the umbilical cord must be connected if I expect the compressor to start?  It would be easier for me to test if separate from the host (Snack portion) if I'm able.  Thanks again, Danny

It's been too long since I had my hands in any USI equipment for any certainty.  That said, if the condenser is controller by the board then there must be communication between the two cabinets.  The main board has to read and react to the temp sensor in the cold cabinet and the only way to do that would be down the umbilical harness.   If there is a mechanical thermostat in the cold unit, then it should be able to work without the host cabinet.

I would say the compressor is unplugged from the wall or the power cord is cut.  The power for the drink dispensing comes from the snack machine. The refrigeration power comes from a separate plug going to the 3038. The evap fans get their power before the cold control so they should always be running the only thing to turn them off would be the refer power cord is unplugged or damaged.

3038 refer power.JPG