Vintage Vendorlator Issues, Not Dispensing Cans

Mpierce2690

Hello there,

I bought a vintage vending machine recently and got taken a little bit on it. Guy was a friend of a friend and ghosted us both when we plugged it in and found the refrigeration was shot. Got that fixed up, now she's cooling like a champ, but have run into a vending issue which is less than ideal considering it's a vending machine. Essentially I had a repair man come out who gave me some insight, but wasn't familiar enough with these older systems to really get it troubleshot. Some of the motors seem to be non-responsive. We couldn't find any jams and everything seemed to be operating fairly loosely. Was wondering if anybody had experience with this style machine so i can see if I can salvage this project. I couldn't attach any of the pictures or the video, so I put it on youtube so you can see both. I'll share the link below. Thanks!

She is an oldie for sure.  Since you have power to your motor plate but individual motors either aren't running or bound up, you likely have a few faulty switches and / or open harness issues and maybe some mechanical issues binding things up.  I would empty and cycle each column motor and look for mechanical jams, etc..  If you take the spring off of the sold out paddles, they will lay down and so you don't have to have product in each column to vend.

I have to hope that this is for a beer cooler in the garage as it will not be a good choice for any location.  If you're handy with a meter, you may well find and repair the issues and get it running but at it's age, you should expect more issues down the road and parts are few and far between.

Oy!  Get it away from the wall or you'll kill the new compressor! If you are determined to make this bad investment work then you need to start with all new switches followed up by full greasing of all of the pivot points.  There are no parts except for junk machines so you are on your own.  This is called a Super Stack machine.  Here is the manual: OOPS, I can't get it from the Vendo site right now. @Vendo Mike Your site isn't showing any manuals right now.