TRC-6000 and 9300L

Brun

Hello!  I am working on a couple of old Snackshop 4000 units with VF3M validators, and I realize they are old and obsolete.  However, I have one working fine.  It has the TRC-6000 in it.  The 9300L will vend coins, but the validator doesn't work.  It cycles fine, but doesn't try to accept anything.  To be honest, I am new to these units.  My experience is in old tube electronics.  I think I unplugged the 9300L while it was powered up. (stupid, I realize now)  The TRC-6000 has an interface mounted on the the wall of the vending machine and has only one plug going to the validator.  The 9300L has a small board that attaches to the main board of the vending machine and uses two plugs for the validator. 

My question is, could I swap out the changers and see if that is the problem?  Are they a straight swap?  I already swapped the validator from the non-working machine to the working machine and it seems to function just fine.  Your help is appreciated.  Again, I realize these are ancient, but just want to give it a try anyways.  Thank you!!

Those coin mech models are interchangeable. The machines never came with bill acceptors so that is why you have interface boards. Post pics of the interface boards as I don't know which ones you have.

The kits that enable the bill acceptor to work are often the problem.  If you install a known-good validator (with correct settings of course) and it still won't work, it's likely the interface kit.  I'll be getting rid of my last AP 4000 soon.

Above is the interface on the nonworking machine. 

I could not get the picture of the working interface to load, but it is a Lutech model 8000.

Edited by Brun

D&S Vending might be able to repair or replace the Lutech as they are the ones that made them.  Greenwick made the APINT boards.  You can contact Vendtronics in Phoenix for a replacement.  What you would be better off doing is replacing the original logic boards with InOne Technology boards and move into the 21st century.

Edited by AZVendor

The reason for fixing is to sell them.  They need to go because the building is being sold.  Better chance of getting a few more bucks for a working machine.  But not going to dump money into it.  If it's the electrolytic cap, that's cheap.  If it's a new board then no, it'll go for parts.