Anyone have a cooling deck for a USI 3037-10?

tblake05

Still cooling, but it has a noisy compressor.

How is the best way to remove the deck?

Would you guys recommend any places who will rebuild them I can ship to?

I've been on the hunt for a new(er) machine but there is really nothing available lately.

Thanks!

Cancel that.

Removed the deck. Compressor is fine, the cardboard condenser fan shroud had broken down and was rubbing on the condenser fan.

Scratching my head why when I popped the door open this morning that the condenser fan was running but no noise was being heard.  Minutes after I closed the door the noise started again....  Maybe the change in airflow had caused the fan to suck in the cardboard?

Anyway, how necessary is the cardboard shroud?  And are they available from anywhere?  Mines completely toast.  No chance retaping it after being ripped apart by the fan.

It's not critical especially if the machine is used inside as it was intended (not outdoor-rated.)  I hope you only had to twist the compressor base out to find and fix this.  Removing the evaporator is a golpher to say the least and it's size makes it real easy to kink the lines.  It's possible that a DN shroud would work but I have cut many shrouds off of outdoor machines with no bad effects.

• Like 1

Great AZ! Great news! Thanks!!

yes I began sliding the lower portion out first and saw the problem before I got too far on the evap portion. Just ripped the pieces out and reassembled. No more noise!!!!

hearing that the shroud isn’t really needed if it’s inside makes me feel at ease. Though the machine is inside at an auto repair shop that doesn’t have AC and can get pretty hot and humid in the summertime. Should I be concerned when summer arrives in MN?

Edited by tblake05

No, While the shroud is there to direct air through the condenser there are plenty of old machines running outside without them here in Arizona.  While the compressor will work just a little longer it's more important to keep the condenser clean and keep the machine away from the wall.  I will say this machine will bring a pretty penny in a scrap yard and you can probably sell the motors and door parts online pretty easily so don't hesitate to put a better machine in it's place when it's time.

• Like 1

Great to know, thanks AZ!  It is older, but it runs well and doesn't have issues.  I'd like to upgrade to a stacker MDB but there's other machines which need upgrading first.  Right now there is basically nothing for sale around here or even next state over unless you have deep pockets or want junk older than the one you have.  So I have to keep on with the equipment I have.  Thanks again!!

Wow! It’s been years (almost 3) that I scrapped a machine. But at that time I didn’t get anything for it cause it was below the threshold that they pay out.

I suppose that’s why used machines are hard to come by as of late.

Edited by tblake05