Dixie Narco 368MC

Merc

Hello.

I got a Dixie Narco 368MC that Im trying to get up and running for service.  Initial problem was the Old USA 3 validator wouldnt accept bills.  So I ordered a replacement MEI 2511.  Plugged it in and it flashed 2 red lights.  Talked to the vendor I bought it from.  He suggested to check the coin mech.  Sent him the coin mech, and it wouldnt work, so that was replaced.  Got the coin mech in, plugged it in, and it vends via coins.  However the bill acceptor still flashes 2 red lights.  

Anyone else have any suggestions as to what may be wrong?  

If you're using the USA 3 harness you have ruined the 2511. If using a 6800H changer, option switches 1,2, & 4 should be on in the changer. The harness between the two should use the 12 pin connector of the changer. Post pics of what you have.

So the coin mech is a coinco 3341s.  So are you saying the jumper switches on the bill validator and the coin mech have to have the "right combination" before the bill validator will work?

Those switch numbers would be on a TRC-6800H.  In the Coinco the switches don't matter.  If your 3341S only has a white 6 pin connector with just two wires in it then you need a Coinco Mag50B bill acceptor to interface with it.  I don't  remember Mars having a comparable Coinco harness from their 110V validator to that coin mech.  Since the VN2511 is better than the Mag50B you should keep it and get yourself a TRC6800H coin mech and a Mars interconnecting harness to connect the two components together.