Azkoyen Palma only vends after 3 or 4 attempts

I have an Azoyken Palma drink machine with a strange problem. After inserting coins, when making a selection it just makes a 1-beep sound and won't vend.
It will only vend after 2, 3, or 4 attempts, and it does this on all selections.
Anyone have any idea's on where to start?

A what?  You must not be in the US.  If you are out of country your signature needs to state that under your screen name so people know you are using foreign machines in a foreign country.  Australia perhaps?  Then one of your compatriots will need to help you.

Haha, thanks, I just edited my profile 😉
I'm in Belgium, Europe.
Azkoyen is indeed a Spanish manufacturer I think, I'va attached an image, sometimes the same machines are sold under other brand names I've noticed.
Still, maybe the problem I have with this machine also happens on other makes of machine, I'll wait and see!

Palma-B6g-02-black-OK-Front-1-2.png

Edited by marwood

It's a very nice looking machine.  Even though the delivery port looks like Dixie Narco and the coin return looks like DN or Vendo, they are probably not alike in other ways.  You should touch base with the distributor in Belgium or Spain.  I would bet it's just a simple setup issue you're having.  The manual should help you or there should be a setup guide on the inner door to follow.

Edited by AZVendor

Yes, I've been downloading manuals this week as alot of machines don't have any instructions/manuals.
There's only a few Azoyken's actually, and a couple of FAS Duetto (Westomatic is same I think), it's mostly Vendo 585, 546. 264. 217, Polyvend 452, Royal vendor Giii, Dixie Narco E, Crane 487/787, and Rhea Vendors coffee machines.
I'll be studying the manuals and youtube this weekend 😉

Is this machine new to you, or did it work properly before?  I would look at the package setups, product depth settings, price settings, and the like.   What happens to the credit after the beep?  Does it return the money or act like it completed a sale?  Does the machine accept paper money or only coins?

4 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

Is this machine new to you, or did it work properly before?  I would look at the package setups, product depth settings, price settings, and the like.   What happens to the credit after the beep?  Does it return the money or act like it completed a sale?  Does the machine accept paper money or only coins?

Hi, it's new to me. but has never had any complaints from users.
The problem seems to have started after opening the machine and adding cans. It wasn't empty/sold out, just topped up the cans.
The credit remains in place after the beep, if you keep selecting then eventually after 3 or 4 attempts it will vend normally.
It only accepts coins.
Thanks for the tips, I'll look at the setup more closely next time I'm there.

If it's not taking the credit, then it is either having issues with the selection buttons or something is making it see selections as sold out.  At least those are my first thoughts.  Maybe someone else has another idea....

I think the selection buttons/panel are ok because it makes a 1 beep sound every time you press the selection button (I think I failed to mention that).
So precisely, it accepts credit, you press selection button and you get a beep but no vend, press selection a 2nd time and again a beep but no vend, and so on until after the 3rd or 4th attempt it will actually vend.

So it sounds like there is a vend sensor that is allowing you to continue to make selections until a product is vended from one credit.  That means you probably just don't have the column(s) set up correctly.  Your shims, rear spacers, or even can/bottle setting in the logic board are wrong.

• Like 1

I will check all these next time I'm at the machine, I found a manual online so at least I can find my way through the programming now.
I don't think I tried making different selections until I got a vend, I was repeating the same selection until it vended. All the selections have the same issue.
So it's not like if 7Up failed twice, coke would work the 3rd time. Every product requires 3 or 4 attempts.
Thanks 🙂