How much is a 9 way beaver rack worth??

Rustinm

Break it down as if you were buying it in pieces and then make an offer. I don't know what beavers are worth so I can't help you with that. Just look around for other nearby gumball machines etc and go off of that. Also consider...do you have a place to put this!? I could run out and buy racks right now but finding a good home is tricky.

My suggestion: Run out and try and find a home for it first, print the picture and take it around with you. If you find a home it's value goes way up.

where in the golpher hole are you planning on putting that thing! the huge ones on the end I used for a joke on someone else's post. lol. that things got some capacity...

but if you got a wal-mart or something like that, this would be awesome.

I would offer the guy $400 and be willing to negotiate. there are lots of racks out there in the 300-800 range.

Try to get him to say a price first. He might surprise you and only ask for a few hundred. I bought an 11 way northwestern, that I would've tried not to giggle offering 500. He asked for 350, it was immediately sold. If this guy asks in the 500 range, try bringing him down a hundred bucks. The opening number is just a number, numbers don't become prices until two people agree on it.

Rustin,

This is the biggest rack I've seen listed for sale. Hate to guess what it would have sold for new but big bucks for sure. The thing is so big I can't imagine placing it anywhere but a mall. Even in breaking it into pieces all those towers are so big you just don't need anything with that much capacity. Without a mall in mind to place it my mind would go right to breaking it into mult. sections. It seems a bit of an albatross so I wouldn't buy that thing unless I could totally steal it. The price for me would be based on not wanting it rather than wanting it. I'd offer $250 and walk at $400. Unless my brother owned a big mall and said I could place it free. lol   :D

nam

Yeah im not buying either, its a nice rack and i would love to buy and operate a rack to try it out but i dont have the extra cash. I located one machine so far today, again went in with no problems, it helps that i know most of the people at the location. The 2nd is a Meijers, i have to take the manager charity information before he will allow me to place the machine. Im hoping for the best but i really dont like all the questions! Also, i will be checking some of my machines so i will have some numbers to share on how the midwest locations are doing.

Thats why he is selling it. He cant find a place for that monster either. Dont take it the wrong way. i think its pretty sweet looking. It would probly cost you at least $400 just to fill it with candy, gum, and toys.

I thought the Northern Beaver could be broken down into smaller sections.  I would make a call to Canada and see if they can be taken apart.  They are really nice folks working up there.

yeah i was crying wolf a little, but luckly i have a vending route i can collect cash money from! lol, i still dont have that much with the few machines i checked today but he just said best offer, i said i had 100$, worth a shot right?

think like a business owner here....tell him you will give him 100+ a few payments if you can afford it. take the big ones off the side as suggested earlier, I saw those on ebay for like $125 theres 250. then you would owe him 50 more bucks.

My uncle bought his "hunting property" kind of in this manner. he bought it from the guy, on contract, then had a company come in and do what is called "selective timbering" its where they just cut down the trees that are worth more and leave the rest. go lumberjack this rack!!

I fugured you had the money and ready to buy from your first post Rustin. I guess you were crying wolf.

I'm with you on this one. Why ask and tell people to hurry, if you know you don't have the cash. He should be looking at using a vending machine not buying one if he only has $2. ;)

If I had my pickup already, I'd be on my way to pick that up :) I'm short on cash two, but I really like that rack setup. It definitely needs a very high visibility location, or it needs to be broken into two or more machines. I'd swap candy wheels for capsules and run the bottom as gumballs/blockheads/sea/zoo. >-> I know what I'd put in just about every head already, it's a shame that thing isn't closer, and that I don't have a car that could fit it all.

(Edit: Planning to buy a pickup within the next 12 months or so, so I can buy racks like this)

I paid $150 for my 6 way Northern Beaver rack. I would take the wings off and maybe make two singles out of them somewhere else. They should be able to reduce the height of them two tall ones.

I fugured you had the money and ready to buy from your first post Rustin. I guess you were crying wolf.

I'm with you on this one. Why ask and tell people to hurry, if you know you don't have the cash. He should be looking at using a vending machine not buying one if he only has $2. ;)
lol use a machine dont buy one!!

What a beauty!  At $400 it is hard to pass up - machines are much cheaper in the US then here in Canada.  I have a line on a triple tower - 3 norther beavers attached together in a triangle shape w/ 3 round beaver heads - he wants $2000 used.  My quess is that you can take it apart and reconfigure - particularly the towers on the end.

I would find a way to get that!  Look at it this way, the small heads on the bottom are $60 each, the top row are $120 each, the two on the side are $200 and the stand is another 200, plus shipping... easy 1200 new for that!  $400 is indeed a steal and it can be broken down into smaller racks or several other possibilities.