Fixing Cavalier CSS-96G

Steve R

Hello all.  I am in need of any info people can share in trying to replace the refrigeration unit in my Cavalier CSS-96G.  It has stopped cooling and I am thinking that it may make sense to try to replace all the parts, as adding more refrigerant did not seem to fix the issue.  Maybe there is a leak or maybe I don't know what I'm doing when adding more.  Figured maybe just buying new components may just make sense so I know they are new.  Only other option I considered was having a company come to my home to service - but after much searching, I've been unable to find a company that does so.

Any assistance in providing a company that does this type of servicing in the Livingston County (Michigan) area or where I can get parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve

On 7/25/2022 at 4:51 PM, Steve R said:

Hello all.  I am in need of any info people can share in trying to replace the refrigeration unit in my Cavalier CSS-96G.  It has stopped cooling and I am thinking that it may make sense to try to replace all the parts, as adding more refrigerant did not seem to fix the issue.  Maybe there is a leak or maybe I don't know what I'm doing when adding more.  Figured maybe just buying new components may just make sense so I know they are new.  Only other option I considered was having a company come to my home to service - but after much searching, I've been unable to find a company that does so.

Any assistance in providing a company that does this type of servicing in the Livingston County (Michigan) area or where I can get parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve

I don't think you'll be able to find many (if any) new parts for a cavalier vending machine.  They have been out of business for quite a while now.

You can get the cooling unit repaired or rebuilt.  Try to find a vending repair technician in your area or a vending company that can do refrigeration work.  That and the coin mech and bill acceptor are the only parts you'll be able to replace on that relic.