Vendo 511 sold out error

I'll get right to it, my vendo 511 is having a sold out issue. When I cycle the machine, it will go away for a few hours but comes back.

It also is not fully pushing the bills into the acceptor. I have tried changing the bill acceptor and it still does not work.

The display is showing a small zero with .00

Any ideas?

20220803_080138.jpg

When you open the door, are the any "JC-#" errors?   Do all of the motors vend correctly for a time after closing the door?  If so, kill power and carefully pull the motor cover.  Look for the vend complete switch arms (1 on each motor) to be in a notch on the vend motor cam.  When the brakes on those motors get sticky, the motor will "coast" and the switch arm will be on the outer race of the cam rather than the notch.  This makes the board throw up a "Jammed Column" error that also trips the "sold out indicator" that you see on the display. 

Regarding the DBV, you likely need new belts and / or a new stacker motor for that.  You should ask Google for a vending repair shop near you and have the DBV model # handy.

Make sure all of the logic board connectors are on tight.  I would pull the motor and sold out harness off and on a couple of times to clean the connectors.  Also inspect the tiny wires that exit the left side of the motor cover and go down to the bottom of the door.  You're looking for cut or pinched wires.  The bill acceptor issue is related to the acceptor and the questionable condition of it/them.  Were they rebuilt?  By who?  What model acceptor are they? 

They were 20oz water bottles. Once i cleared that jam, the little circle on the left went away. But it still says sold out and the bill acceptor won't push bills into the cassette. It was working for months as is and we didn't change a thing. This happened suddenly.

I'll take a look at the wires on the board. This may be the issue because it is in a cabinet building warehouse and the machine gets incredibly dirty with saw dust.

Sold out should be with regard to specific columns.  It may be worth some investigation as to which column(s) are showing sold out.   Also, water bottles are renowned for jamming.  Especially the bottles that are not charged with Nitrogen to add some strength.  I'm glad you're at least using 20 oz but those will jam as well. Nature of the beast.

• 2 months later...