Vive

Fitz

Hello Everyone,

My name is Bart.  I am from Calgary Alberta Canada.  I recently purchased 3 food and drink vending machines from Vive vending.  https://about.vivevending.com

I am feeling a little overwhelmed.  These guys promise big but haven't delivered and I am quite frankly a little concerned.  I got into this thinking of a nice easy retirement business.  They promise they use locators that are top-notch and that it would take no more than a few weeks to find great locations.  I finally got all my machines 2 months after promisede🤷‍♂️ (covid) shipping.   Now I get an email from the locator saying it could take 3 months to find a good location.  So I am kind of overwhelmed and feel I may have made a mistake.  Now reading through some of the search engine comments I am seeing comments like locators are a scam etc.  Does anyone have any input on my situation?  There have to be legit locators??

thanks in advance

Bart

Yup, you're right.  You made a mistake.  Two actually, because you didn't come here first and ask about whether this was a good idea or not.  Too late now.  Try to find your own locations.  Look for blue collar places and then unload them to get some of your money back.

On 8/26/2022 at 3:52 PM, orsd said:

Get your money back if you can.

Machines are Chinese garbage, and as you realize, are sold with promises that don’t materialize.

The machines are actually very well made, I am impressed.  

On 8/26/2022 at 4:39 PM, AZVendor said:

Yup, you're right.  You made a mistake.  Two actually, because you didn't come here first and ask about whether this was a good idea or not.  Too late now.  Try to find your own locations.  Look for blue collar places and then unload them to get some of your money back.

Thanks for the advice AZ,  do you have any scripts or advice for what to say when I approach a possible location?  I have business cards made up.  I've read not to offer any more than 10 % of sales plus I am donating to make a wish monthly.  I find most of the locations I've talked to have a contract with Coke or Pepsi. The machines at my gym have been half empty and out of order for almost a month so there is definitely money to be made here.

thanks. 

3 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

First impressions will soon lead to disappointment when you need parts for them.

Parts come from Germany?  the company has stock for common parts that fail in Vancouver. 

Until you need something they don't stock.  If they don't come through with locations what makes you think they will come through with parts?  They already got their money from you. 

Sell to your strengths and to your competitor's weaknesses.  You can promise full machines, responsive service, choices of products (if you want to go there), competitive prices (know before you go what you can offer).  Don't speak a word of commission unless it's brought up and then stick to your guns on 10%.  You are not obligated to pay a commission so if you don't want to then say that you don't when asked.  If you do offer it then pay if off the gross so you don't have to do a bunch of calculations to pay if from a supposed "net."