DIxie Narco 5800-4 issues

Another issue popped up today. Got a call that a machine wasn’t taking cash or credit cards. I got to the machine and the lights and fans are on and working but pretty much everything isn’t on other than the card reader. The compressor, bill acceptor and display all seem not to be working. I reset the machine a few times and still nothing. Only the lights, credit card reader and fans seem to be on. What could be the issue? TIA35C0F4D9-843F-412D-A26B-81B610926ADF.jpeg.903eb235930e13eeee4ced4909f7cade.jpeg

I was going to point out that your problem was the machine was laying on it's side, but that was too easy.  Let's start with the fact that the credit card reader has power.  That means that everything has power including the coin mech and bill acceptor since they are daisy chained with the card reader.  Your logic board sounds like it's locked up, preventing it from running the machine. That could be caused by outside interference such as a bad florescent lamp in or near the machine or a power glitch has confused the board.  Resetting the machine should restore it.  You could also have a component issue such as the logic board doesn't like the card reader, if it's a new install.

Edited by AZVendor

Is your machine warm?  It's normal to not hear a compressor, depending on how long you're at the machine, because a properly-cooling machine will "cycle", which means the compressor will shut off once the machine gets down to the set temperature.  If it is warm, check the plug towards the bottom of your power box (looks like a 120v home wall outlet plug) that goes down to your refrigeration deck.  I haven't read your previous post, but it sounds like you may have had this machine on its side?  It's possible the compressor power cord is unplugged or loose.  Checking fuses is good idea too, there are three of them and they can be accessed through removable twist caps on the front of your power box.

The display could be off due to electronic interference between the harness going to the display, and other harnesses in the machine running parallel to it.  It's a very common problem in BevMax machines, and the symptom is a dead display. The solution is to separate the display harness from all other harnesses or wires in the machine, and give it a route by itself.  If it has to cross any other cable, it needs to be at a perpendicular angle, and not parallel.