Nayax antenna

Fitz

Hello guys,

So I have my first location.  I've been wondering about something.  Do you guys ever have people messing with the antenna for your payment machines?  I've been told I can put them inside but I don't want to chance poor reception and miss a sale?

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, AngryChris said:

Sometimes customers do.  I don't know if it's a matter of vandalism or people feel like they are being spied on or whatever it may be but I have had people move the antenna before.  However, most of my machines have the antenna inside the cabinet anyway.  I only put them outside WHEN I have poor reception.  You'll know when that happens when you either have people tell you that it's having trouble or when you try multiple cards on multiple occasions and find it having trouble yourself.  I'd say 85% of my machines have antenna inside the cabinet.

Great thanks for the insight Chris.  Do you just stick it to the top upside down inside the machine or is there a better way to do this?

If you put it in the machine, stuck upside down to the top of the cabinet, make sure you run an RSSI (radio strength) test.  If you find the signal too low then you have to put the antenna on the top.  It probably won't be messed with there.  I never installed any on the inside of the cabinet for my customers unless then didn't want a hole drilled in the cabinet top, but I found many were previously installed inside cabinets, especially on soda machines.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

If you put it in the machine, stuck upside down to the top of the cabinet, make sure you run an RSSI (radio strength) test.  If you find the signal too low then you have to put the antenna on the top.  It probably won't be messed with there.  I never installed any on the inside of the cabinet for my customers unless then didn't want a hole drilled in the cabinet top, but I found many were previously installed inside cabinets, especially on soda machines.

thank you for the help

• 1 year later...
On 9/16/2022 at 2:36 PM, AZVendor said:

What is considered a poor RSSI number? I have one I need to check on. Machine keeps going offline. I thought at first it was being unplugged but now I am think poor reception. it shows online for a few hours then offline for most of the day. I think I am loosing a ton of sales.  the antenna is in the door upside down. 

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

For Nayax, you typically want it to be higher than 17. It will usually work at 17 or even 16 but you’ll get more errors. Once you’re in the 20s you should be stable. 

I also have all but one of my antennas on the inside of the cabinet. The only one I had trouble with is on a bevmax 3 inside a factory that has suboptimal cell signal. Once I put it on the outside, it was fine and no one messes with it. 
Seems like places with teenagers have the most issues with antenna tampering.