Re-Thinking My Bulk Route Plan

T BIRD

I will have pics in a little bit.  I need help gang.  Who is familiar with the A&A Elite or Supreme candy wheel?  There are no numbers to measure how much candy to vend.  Theres no numbers and no red lines nothing.  Any ideas?

Johnny,

My suggestion is trial and error. Most of my machines have no numbers or lines. Simply open the wheel wide open and see how much you can fit in there consistently. If you fit too much for your liking back it off a notch and repeat.

All of this can easily be done without loading the whole machine. All you need is a handful of product.

Steve

A&A has always provided me with quick shipments.  Usually the orders come in within a week of the time the order was placed.  They also will tell you if the items are in stock or not.  If they are not in stock they will give you an idea of when the item will be available.  That's good service in my book........

Tee

Thanks Steve.  That is what I will do. Tee......I like the service so far also. I printed out their PDF manual on their machines and parts. I ordered one gum ball wheel as an extra.  I gotta figure out how to put that in. Here are a few photos: 

The stands are silver vein which is a nice alternative to black. That is actually verona green in the pic.  It didn't come out looking that way in the pic.  I am a total sucker for chrome. ( My '04 T Bird is covered with chrome mods from head to toe!.....lol )  So these machines are right up my alley. The coin mechs are heavy duty. Parts of the body are a cast white metal material. ( which is not terribly sturdy in my experience working with metals some years ago ) Unless something happens on location or vending candy to change my mind, this will be my machine as I build my route. 

Thanks for the pics.  The yellow looks GREAT.  I have Black PO89's.  I am so glad I didn't order mine in my first choice the verona green.  I love forest green but I wasn't sure how dark the verona green would look.  I am trying to stick to single head/single product idea.  It is not as easy as I thought it would be.  However, I think those yellow elites will look sweet with PMM's in them.  Good luck placing them.

T-Bird,

I'm in FL and as I understand it both NY and FL are the two most saturated markets.  I'll be incorporating honor box vending with my existing 400 accounts after the first of the year... NOT the candy, but cookies, cracker, chips, etc.  See Example: http://www.calvending.com/honor.html

Trust me I was skeptical at first too, but the further I get into the research the more promising it looks.  Even if you’re theft rate is 50% (which is high) you'll still be pretty profitable!  It's a "niche", there are tons of small businesses out there with 4 or 5 employees that companies will not put vending machines in because they cost thousands of dollars and don't have the traffic.  My locator told me he locates these for a guy in CA and one of his best accounts involves a couple of security guards who eat out of that thing every day!  Each box holds 75-100 items depending on what you vend.  They use a price point of $.75 (items cost $.20-$.30 each) so if you had a 100 items stolen and you’re cost was $.25 each, you lost $25.00 if there was 100% theft.  Now if everyone paid you made $75, but let’s say there was 50% theft.  You made $50 and cleared $25 in profit.  That’s low ball figures. 

There is also a science/psychology to the business, and that is the use of comment cards on each box.  Depending on if the account was short or in range would determine the type of card you use.  My guess is theft will not be over 50% because people actually want/need the service, so the threat of eliminating the box if it is short makes people pay.  If not you simply remove the box!

That should get you started, but those are the basics to the business, and of course it is a numbers game just like the machines, but in my opinion more of a service that you are providing.

RJ

Great looking machines!!  The gumball wheel is very easy to install.  Back out the two screws from the globe, this will give you access to the candy wheel that is already in your machine.  You will also need to order the proper bushing for the gumball wheel.  If you are getting the gumball wheel for the 850 gumball, it can also be used for 1.1" capsules.  Some vendors add risers with the gumball machines so that the machine only vends one gumball at a time.  I don't use the risers and sometimes the machine will vend two gumballs at one time and its like a bonus feature for the customers.  Anyway, take out the candy wheel, put in the gumball wheel, add the gumball bushing, place the globe back on and screw it down,  whoola, now you have a gumball / capsule machine.

I have a number of the silver vein stands, I think they are the best looking on the market.

Tee

Tee.......I need help to understand what a riser is etc.  I will post 4 photos.  Two photos of the candy wheel and three photos of the gumball wheel. Do I have the gumball pieces correctly put together?  Which is the riser?

OK.....thats the candy wheel.

The riser is in the second photo in the middle.  Looks like you have it in the right place on the other photo.  The riser goes in first with the cut out part below the opening of the gumball wheel.  The cut out of the riser and the opening of the gumball wheel needs to sit directly above the chute area of the machine (set up so the gumball can pass down the gumball wheel and then down the shoot)  Looks like you have the brush for the gumball wheel, the part with the horizontal springs.  The springs need to be placed so they cover the gumball hole.  You want to block the hole with the springs so when you fill your machine, the springs will prevent gumballs from just falling down the open hole to the chute.  If all this sounds pretty confusing, it shouldn't be.  Tomorrow I will send you out some photos of what I'm trying to describe.

Tee

• Like 1