Re-Thinking My Bulk Route Plan

T BIRD

Carter.......I picked up from JC Penney today for the first time.  It did $26.75!  I am very happy with that!!  Dentyne Ice and Certs in capsules in an AA Supreme machine. Kyle was right.  This machine is great to work with!:cool:

I started my business last November.  I have 32 locations with another eight locations coming on board within the next 5 or 6 days.  So that makes 40 locations.  I work a full time job besides this vending business.

I am finding myself a little bit behind coming into this week end in terms of pulling machines, changing product in some, and stuff like that.  Its the first time this has happened.  I am not complaining mind you.  Its a good feeling that Deb and I have worked hard to create what we have going so far.

The point is I have to begin to set up my routes in a more geographically organized manner. Thats the first thing. And I have to stop going to a location, pulling the quarters out of it, but not refilling it or changing the product if the need is there.  That would help me immensely.

Johnny,

You and Deb have really grown. I remember when you first started out. Now, 40 locations. That's incredible!

I just added something to a post I did at the end of 2007. It was called "Building your Empire", I am sure you remember it. It would be great if you could leave this post over there for the members to see. It would show the newbies how your plans have turned in to reality. What a great story my friend.

Thanks

Gary

Thank you very much Gary.  I have always appreciated your encouragement and support.  Plus you coming from where I live makes us ' homeboyz ' right?  I will place this over there Gary.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I have tried a variety of machines, NW's 60, A&A Elite and Supreme, Seaga's Millenia, LYPC's Tough Pro, and XYZ's single head, I am going to stick with A&A's Elite and Supreme. Elite for candy and Supreme for capsule vending. If I buy and place a triple, it will be the XYZ's Easy Pro for $139.

Thank you David.  I appreciate the comments.  It feels good to have a 40 location foundation now that I can build from.  I basically have set up 3 geographic areas ( 3 routes )  Each of them need to be filled in.  For the next month or so I have to examine which few needed relocating because of poor performance.  I need to do it before I can't get a replacement for free.

• 2 weeks later...

I put in an  Easy Pro triple in an insurance agency type business about 2 1/2 weeks ago.   There must be around 25-30 employees, each with their own desk and a pile of folders and papers spread out everywhere.  They have NO machines in there.  I am the first.  I checked it yesterday for the first time. I pulled $23.00 out of it in the 2 plus week period.  Not bad!  I gotta not listen to all of them though.  Everyone that sees me has an opinion on what should be in the triple!!:?

I have salted peanuts, Ike and Mikes, and Dark M&Ms.  I  changed the I&M to PMMs yesterday because of what a few people said.  They are an older bunch and said MMPs would do better than Ikes.  ( I love this business):cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I pulled out my first machines the past couple of days.  Six machines to be exact were not making money.  I tried everything but it just was not meant to be so I will get replacements ( free ).  It was weird taking out machines after they were there up to five months.  Oh well........I am hopeful for better locations next time...............

Johnny may I make a suggestion next time you are being pro-active and are fine tuning your route.

Remove the machines when you have the new location.

I personnaly can not wait until I start moving machines, but with so many sitting in the warehouse a buck here and there is better than nothing.

I felt bad for my wife this afternoon.  She was sooooo excited thinking she had another pizza joint for us.  But it fell through this afternoon.  I am so lucky to have her out there trying to get locations for us.  Eventually, she will get her presentation down to a science and come up with some locations. Her energy and passion are definitely there.

I am going to double up the DI machines I have that are pulled and in storage.  I will simply make them doubles of Certs and DI and have them placed that way.  I am going to try and use this GOO BE GONE stuff to remove Dentyne Ice Labels off of two machines today.  The last time I tried to remove one of these labels, I ruined the globe........:shock:  If anyone has had success removing this label, I would appreciate the feedback.

You might shoot Steve at SuperPro and see if he has any ideas on the label. I am also going to make DI/Certs doubles. I have two machines and two brackets that will be here Monday or so. My one DI location said I can make it a double. I have a new sports bar that just opened a few miles from my house. I am going to hit them up for a DI/Certs double.

I still have not had a chance to use this goo be gone stuff to take a DI label off.  Hopefully this evening I can.  I will let folks know how i make out.

Well........I went over to storage and played with two DI machines and their stickers.  Goo Gone took them all off.  You have to go easy with the stuff in terms of rubbing the globes so that you do not get scratches.  Use plenty of it and let it seep into the decals and then slowly peel off.  I then washed them and dried them.  Bingo!:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I have 35 located and six to place in the next week or so. ( these are the six I pulled because of poor performance ).  I am a little behind on collections and servicing.  After those six, I still have nine machines in storage that I want placed and not just sitting there.  That will bring the total to 50. I dont know about anyone else, but I find it tough to make time for this part time business sometimes.  I really wish there was a way I could swing just doing this for a living. I am going to buy a few lottery tickets this morning.