Re-Thinking My Bulk Route Plan

T BIRD

Update....I bought some Dentine Ice gum and popped out a bunch from the sheets, to see how they would vend.  I closed up the wheel as far as I could and it vended 4.  ha  so no profit with the 1800's   :?

Placed a machine yesterday in a really hopping car dealership. 

Robert offered a freebie to us from   "Kickstart Locating"  We are placing a machine tomorrow on our way home from church.

Eve

Faith, how was your experiences with Rob and the KickStart Locators?

Placed my machine this afternoon.  Gosh was it nice to have a place welcome you with open arms.......:D   What a great experience!  We shall see how it does.  It is a Pizza and Grinder resturant.  very cute.

We will stop in on our way home from church next week to see how it is doing.  I do think to be fair it will take a couple of months to see how the location does.  It's new!

Winter is really bad here now!  YUCK, my husband is ready to move to Florida.  HA

Eve

I went over to JC Penney yesterday.  Its a brand new location for me.  ( 200 employees! ) When I got there there were one too many triples in there so I came up with an idea.  I am going back there and place the 2 head Dentyne and Certs machine I have with the capsules in each. I think it will do very well there with all those sales women!

I went over to JC Penney yesterday.  Its a brand new location for me.  ( 200 employees! ) When I got there there were one too many triples in there so I came up with an idea.  I am going back there and place the 2 head Dentyne and Certs machine I have with the capsules in each. I think it will do very well there with all those sales women!

Good idea - should be a great upgrade from the muffler shops, T-Bird! I expect Marjorie will take good care of you on the additional re-locations. -sp

Thanks Steve.  This is actually a new location.  The DIs that are not performing well will be switched up with candy machines at the location to see if that helps. I spoke w/ Marjorie about it.

Well.....our locator ( Phillip Vernon ---his employee who happens to live in Michigan)

says 40 locations are ready Thur.   We have gotten a van and are going to pick up some nuts from Sam's tonight. ( a few places said they want only nuts)

I hope we can make money on nuts....The way I figured it was it kinda balanced out if you had gumballs and say.....skittles or whatever,  but if it's all nuts not sure if we will be making $$ much?

Pictachios are $$$$$$.. We are buying everything at Sam's.

Whats your opinion?

Eve

Well.....our locator ( Phillip Vernon ---his employee who happens to live in Michigan)

says 40 locations are ready Thur.   We have gotten a van and are going to pick up some nuts from Sam's tonight. ( a few places said they want only nuts)

I hope we can make money on nuts....The way I figured it was it kinda balanced out if you had gumballs and say.....skittles or whatever,  but if it's all nuts not sure if we will be making $$ much?

Whats your opinion?

Eve

So the loctor will go around with you on Thursday to the various locations?

I received my first phone call this morning on our business phone asking Deb and I to remove a machine we placed on Saturday.  Oh well.......:cool:

When I got the double back to storage it had $5.25 in it !  It was there for 48 hours!! Oh well......

I am so excited about finally placing this Certs/Dentyne machine at J C Penney by the end of the week.  I have a feeling this machine will make a killing!;)

Whats your opinion?

Eve

in the few locations that cashews sell well I think they make good money.

Those A&A machines look nice, they look better than they do on their website.  I was wondering, are the Elite machines the only ones that should be considered from A&A?

Welcome to our forum kc!! I have been using the Elite since I started in November.  I am unhappy with the machine lately. Something with the fit and finish of it has given me difficulty in getting the body to sit correctly onto the base and the teeth of the coin mech. So........I am trying a few others. The A&A Supreme model, XYZ's single, and LYPC's Tough Pro. I am anxious to get the XYZ out and vending for me. I like the weight and feel of the machine and coin mech.

Today is the first day I am feeling like I do not have enough time to do what I need to with T Bird Vending. Working my other full time position obviously makes what little time I have left over very precious to me. Like today, I have 5 machines to install, seven collections to make, and two Dentyne Ice machines I am pulling out of location and switching up to a candy.

I am still learning how to make the best out of my time.  I waste too much time and am not as productive as I could be. This vending business is so exciting for me and my wife..  We are loving it.

Deb has been out there trying to find us locations. When she gets her first successful location?  She will be ALL pumped up.

Oh Johhny  ,  just keep the faith!! :D 

Remember how you feel when you get a great location!!  :D:D:D   You know some days are going to be stressful,  but you can do it!!

How come you have to pull the DI's??

Let me know how the machines work for you.  I am going to try to place 50 machines when I go on "vacation" in early April with part of my bonus from my "day" job.  I use to service vendors for someone when I was in high school (all kinds, drink, snack, bulk, carwash) and I was amazed at the money he brought in a quarter at a time.  My goal is to get 300 machines averaging $10 each, and I can do that without digging into any regular earnings, only using bonuses and and hopefully reinvesting in a year if I could just get good places for my machines.  It is tempting just to go out and buy 100-200 now, but I think the price breaks offered at 50 is a good start.

Well.......I was able to take out 2 DI machines from Modells break room and a CVS pharmacy break room yesterday and switched them with candy machines.  I am hopefull they will do better.  The Dentyne machines were averaging less than $5 per month in both of those spots.

• 3 weeks later...

I changed out a Dentyne for PMMs at a local bar last week.  I placed a certs and dentyne double in a break room with 150 employees today.  I have 2 more locations to put machines in tomorrow. One has 75 employees ( breakroom - gonna put a triple ) and a restaurant ( dentyne ).

I got my first 2 car dealerships today!  MidWest got them for us.  One is on a service department and one in a show room. I will put them in on Monday.  I have another lined up for June, as soon as they finish renovations.  I got that one myself.  Its the dealership where I bought my T Bird from.  And with a company name like T Bird Vending, how the heck could he possibly say no?.......LOL.