New Operator

Muhammad

Hello all! I am new vending operator here. I recently purchased a route and have two drink machines that I’ve placed at two different accounts. They are both Merlin 4 Royal drink machines. One of the machines is saying a selection of mine is sold out when it is completely full. Anyone know what that issue could be? I’ve also ran into a situation where drinks are sold out and selection button isn’t picking up on it. It will still let someone choose the selection even though it is sold out. Looking for some feedback and happy to be apart of this community.

Start with the door switch.  Open the door, make sure the display shows sales numbers, press the switch with your hand and check the display to see if it went into sales mode.  If it did then shut the door and try to vend.  If it doesn’t, then you will need to check your fuse and harnesses. 

For the machine that is selling while sold out, it will be normal to do that once and give credit back but from there it should be sold out until the door is opened and the door switch pressed closed.  If it is continuously doing that, it could be a chute sensor problem or space to sales programming, or the columns aren’t programmed correctly.  I would put a few products in all columns, relative to their flavor labels, set price to 0.00 and test all columns make sure they are vending what you are selling.  If you have that correct then vend each column until they sale out. Once a column has emptied the very next vend will turn the motor but should inform you to try another selection and from there pressing the same button should display SOLD OUT. 

No, there's a white or black plunger style switch mounted to the door or door frame that will be pressed when the door is closed.  "Sold out" messages are automatically cleared when the door switch is "cycled" because the machine is programmed to assume that the operator reloaded all columns when they opened the door. 

If the machine does not have a door switch to react to, it will not reset "sold out" conditions for any columns.  When you open/close the door, does the machine react in any way?  Lights turn on / off, compressor kicks on/off, display change from a sales message like "enjoy a drink" to "ERROR".  These would all be signs that your door switch is installed and functional.