Los Angeles County Licenses/Permits

atracy

I'm having a tough time finding what licenses/permits are needed to have machines in Los Angeles Country.  California is already a strict state and LA being even more strict so I want to make sure I've got it done right.  I already have my LLC set up with tax ID.  Looking on the calgold.ca.gov website it looks like I'll need a "Business License - Business Tax Certificate".  Before I get that it looks like I might also need a "Seller's Permit"?  My machines will mostly be at schools but may also be at other locations (not sure if there's any difference in permits).

Any help from those operating machines in Los Angeles would be greatly appreciated.

Being in schools (and any gov't buildings), you'll need to make sure the equipment is ADA Compliant which might be spotty in older machines.  Vendo didn't make the change until 2012 (ish).  With regards to the myriad of other laws CA is kind enough to think up, your safest bet would be to talk to the local powers that be to make sure you're in the clear. I know that schools like machines to be energy efficient so they'll ask if you have equipment with Energy Star rating and if the lights turn off at night.  You likely won't be able to sell any product during school hours but that seems to vary by district.

5 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

Being in schools (and any gov't buildings), you'll need to make sure the equipment is ADA Compliant which might be spotty in older machines.  Vendo didn't make the change until 2012 (ish).  With regards to the myriad of other laws CA is kind enough to think up, your safest bet would be to talk to the local powers that be to make sure you're in the clear. I know that schools like machines to be energy efficient so they'll ask if you have equipment with Energy Star rating and if the lights turn off at night.  You likely won't be able to sell any product during school hours but that seems to vary by district.

Thanks, these will be brand new Crane machines that are energy star rated and can be on timers.  I'm fairly familiar with school requirements for machines and snacks inside of them which I'll be meeting the guidelines, I'm looking more for information about specific permits/licenses needed in Los Angeles County.