Pimp My Chicken Machine!

pdavid

After much TLC, we finally finished restoring the first of 3 Chicken Machines bought off Craigslist. It's amazing what a little paint, time, and an engineer wife can do(she did the detail work and figured out how to change the mechanism to 50 cents.)  I almost cried tears of joy when I saw how beautiful it turned out. Now little chickie just needs to start earning.  

Anyway, here's the sad, beaten up machine before clean-up. ....

post-784-129433928524_thumb.jpg

post-784-129433928538_thumb.jpg

Post and Machine of the day. Nice rehab very pro.

Hey how come I don't see machines using those capsules anymore? Do they pop too easy?

sidetrack: Anyone try and open a round capsule from A&A? Any way to do it without breaking the damn thing?

Nice refurb on that Chicken machine.  Looks like a new one.  I've seen these in a couple garages with other machines I've bought and been tempted.  Sure remember seeing these all over years ago and wonder how they would do today.  You'll have to let us know where you get it located and how well it does laying those eggs.  Are you going to buy empty eggs and fill them yourself or can you still buy them filled?  What will you be putting in the eggs for the kids?

nam

nam,

Thanks! A&A sells the eggs shells, and I think you can even buy them filled. In the meantime, the previous owner left me two huge boxes of empty shells and a ton of mystery mix type product to fill them with. I'll let you know how little Chickie earns her keep.

;D

• 2 months later...

Chicken Machine Update:

The Chicken Machine absolutely rocked the house, and didn't appear to cannibalize from my other machines in the location. I'm finding it's an awesome way to get rid of slow moving product because it's more about the show, seeing the little chicken spin around and cluck. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

Has anybody seen the Oak Show Stopper out in the wild? 

http://www.oakmfg.com/showstopper.asp

It's a 2" vending machine that has a stuffed animal that sings and dances when you buy a toy.  It reminds me of one of your chicken machines.  I wonder if something similar can be made using stock singing and dancing stuffed animals.  It would require a little bit of handyman knowhow, but i'm sure it can be done.

I found the same stuffed animal pig online for $19.99. (http://www.tableandhome.com/prodhefij) but Oaks Show Stopper sells for around $600!!!

• 2 months later...

Where did you get the decals for the back? I have two chicken machines that need pimpin'!

They make crazy money for me.......you wouldn't believe me if I told you how much. :)

Thanks.

Merc

That is good to know Merc.  Down the line abit, I am going to be able to get my hands on some new ones.

T-bird,

There are some new ones out, a guy in CA has them. He puts them on Ebay for $1200-1500, but told me in person that he'd sell them for $850! So.......negotiate! He is someone you have to watch VERY carefully when you buy things. I don't think they would rip you off on purpose, but they are VERY sloppy, and NOT detail oriented!

Merc

Let me know how much they are, and I'll send the money via paypal, if you have an account. Should be able to ship them in a priority box for $5.00. Or, I can send a check, whichever is easier for you!

I'm in AZ. I can email you my address whenever you are ready.

THANKS!

Merc