Hello All!

GoChiSox81

Hey everyone.  Was dragged into this side hustle by the wife, and have since taken it over.  After realizing this will never get off the ground without some push and business experience we have decided that she will acquire the locations, and I will do most of the rest(research, financing, ROI, accounting, procurement, etc).  Starting with research.  I have been a peeping tom on the forum for a couple months now reading and absorbing all the knowledge here and thought it was time to officially join the group.  

We are about to purchase the first machine(s) for our first site, with 2 sites in the wait.  Local 75 person company breakroom.  Was thinking a smaller combo machine, but most of them have been lit up pretty good by you all, and it sounds like good reasons.  Anyway, not here to ask a question already here, but always happy to take advice and avoid costly mis-steps.

The company is called Monarch Vending LLC out of Plainfield, IL.  We have our LLC, EIN, and IL Tax ID already.  Even have my first tax sticker in hand ready to stick.  Hope to be able to bounce ideas and experiences off of you all.  If there's any vending refurb companies local to Chicago feel free to message me.  I'd love to stop by and see what we can do together as I'm sure I will need some repair help down the line as well as a good supply of quality machines.  I'm an in person type of guy, I want to meet shake hands, kick the tires, and see what we got.  

Thanks and happy vending!

Edited by GoChiSox81

Run any machine purchases by us first so you don't get dud machines.  And do put two machines in this place.  Inform your wife that she needs to find soda-only locations or locations that can support two machines. There would be several vending resellers around Chicago, I'm sure.  Just google it.  But at least half of them are not to be trusted.  That's just the way this business is.

12 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Run any machine purchases by us first so you don't get dud machines.  And do put two machines in this place.  Inform your wife that she needs to find soda-only locations or locations that can support two machines. There would be several vending resellers around Chicago, I'm sure.  Just google it.  But at least half of them are not to be trusted.  That's just the way this business is.

That's the way business is unfortunately.  My main gig is VP of Ops at a Dental Laboratory.  I cannot tell you how much faith you lose in Doctors when they are your clients and show you their true selves.  We have a few sayings.  1. Dr's are people too, and all people have bad days, 2. Just because they are educated doesn't make them smart, and 3. when they show you who they are...believe them the first time. 

When you say 2 machines at the initial location, do you mean 1 soda, 1 snack?  I've been looking at this Vendo (pic attached).  Guy wants it gone and I can prob get it around $1000.  Would need a CC reader, also a site requirement, and a my requirement.  I never have cash and if I can't pay with my phone I'm likely not buying crap.  It looks nice and I imagine a Pepsi branded machine wouldn't be a cheapo. 

PROBLEM-No Key.  What am I looking at to get this a new lock?  

As for snack machines, I'm super not pumped about the stock and complications of moving product in it.  Seems like a pain.  But in a break room its needed and required on this location.  The other 2 locations are happening in spring.  We were lucky enough to be having a random conversation with a parent at a soccer game and it turns out they also are on the board that runs the league.  They were looking for a company to drop off 2 beverage machines in spring and then pick up and store off location in winter.  We have the space to store already and the , means to move them.  These fields host minimum 20-30 soccer and lacrosse games per week during the on seasons not including practices.  Was thinking Lots of sports drinks and water (60-70%).  Then coke, diet, sprite. Could be a huge beverage only site.

Screenshot 2023-10-19 203200.png

Edited by GoChiSox81

12 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

AVS is a really good vending distributor out of Elk Grove Village, IL.  They've been around for many years and offer used and new equipment. 

Awesome I will look them up.  Elk Grove is about an hour away, but a trusted partner is worth that drive and then some.  Thanks!  If I gain nothing else here this was worth it if it pays off.  But I know I'll gain a lot. 

Stay away from those big button machines.  They usually have electronic locks on them that fail frequently or you lose the key fob to that can't be replaced, easily or at all.  These are sold off by the Pepsi bottlers because they are a pain in the ***.   Yes by two machines I mean one soda and one snack.  Also, machine cost has no relation to the brand on the front.  A used machine is a used machine.

• Like 1

There are various ways but on that machine you can never put a T-handle on it so it's a waste of time.  Just stay away from machines with electronic locks and accept my 30+ years of experience.  It's good advice to heed.

• Thanks 1

Don't even bother.  Sell it to some other unsuspecting buyer who won't become a member here to ask about it again.  Really, it's not worth the trouble.  Unless you got it for a couple of hundred bucks and can part it out.  If you must open it then break out the sprite or Mtn Dew button on the right and look for a red and black wire just hanging loose.  Those can be connected to a 27v dc source to power the lock and open it.  Three 9V batteries in series will do it.  The lock will be ruined but the machine will be open.  However, I've also heard that those two wires might not be there on newer machines like this one. 

• Thanks 1